2k19: Wilmer Flores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k19: Wilmer Flores

Former Mets hero Wilmer Flores signed with Arizona. I didn’t even realize I had him on my 12-team NL only 5x5 squad at $8 (HQ has him projected at $15). Hrs only 1B eligible now, though AZ plans to give him the 2B job it seems.

Seems like he could have some sneaky value. HQ sees .282 with 18HR. The HR seem doable if he plays but the BA seems high.

Any thoughts on Wilmer for next year?

FWIW I've read a few reports that have said his body has aged prematurely and he suffers a fair bit from arthritis. I would be surprised if he plays a lot at 2b, in AZ the fit would seem to be more at 1b.

Now that AZ has depleted their lineup along with the humidor effect I would not protect him. Maybe another owner would buy into the possibility of enhanced playing time. HQ projections look very optimistic.

Comment

Ive got him for $2 in an NL only and it's a no-brainer now. Even if he doesnt start, he should get plenty of PAs as a super utility type.

Comment

I've read the same reports of premature arthritis is BOTH knees. Is oxycodone a banned substance? If so, I'll pass.

Comment

Maybe the hope is playing half of his games and living half of the season in the desert will be beneficial for his arthritis. Still, a chronic condition like this is cause for pause.

Comment

Working...
          X