Shares of Daniel Vogelbach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shares of Daniel Vogelbach

I was hoping to pick him up in the endgame of our 12 Team AL only 5x5 for a buck or two. The dynamics of the auction or maybe my own decision on taking the $1 Duda prevented this from happening.

I was delighted when he fell to me in the first round of our reserve draft. He would slot in for my injured Kyle Seager. It didn't matter to me that the first round picks are given a value of $15A if we decide to keep them next year. I knew he made the Seattle roster and should give me a few counting stats.

I have no idea how long this streak will run or how much playing time he will get. It is sure fun to watch right now.

Any of you have a share?

I managed to snag him for $4 in my 12 tm AL only auction. We auction 5 reserves, but have 2 catcher, 1 UT slot, so Vogelbach was locked to my bench behind $2 Voit 1B (kept), $8 Yandy Diaz 3B, $11 Healy CI, $8 Moreland DH until yesterday and today I'm starting Vogelbach vs. ChiSox over Voit vs. G. Cole. ChiSox pitching is garbage.

Nobody wants to make a lateral trade for Moreland or Healy, so I'm just stuck mixing and matching, and whoever I bench always homers, without fail. 6 or 7 bench HRs already.

One owner just put up $34 G. Cole on the block. My pitching has 3 aces (Snell, Clevenger, Berrios) plus dart tosses Aaron Sanchez $6 & W. Leblanc $6, and Borucki $4 on IL. Need one more top SP, just not sure what assets to deal.

I also have 3 CI on my farm at AAA (N. Lowe TB 1B, M. Chavis BOS 1B/3B, Y. Alvarez 1B/OF), so I have depth to soften the blow. I just wish someone would give me something useful for Healy or Moreland and I could hoard my future assets, but we can't have it all in life. Seems Vogelbach's scorching hot start would be the most logical asset to deal, but I hate lowering the ceiling of my CI options.

I really only have a few holes, so I'm not desperate to make a move, but I also feel a lot of pressure to not waste my excess CI depth, as it does me no good on the bench. Until an injury strikes.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I was also crushed to see him dealt in RJEL, an 18 team mixed league using OBP at $2 as a farm graduate, meaning he's got this year and 2 more until extension. Dealt for $14 Andrew Miller. Man, as a dumping team, I would have paid a much higher price. Young Guns is a shark.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I was also crushed to see him dealt in RJEL, an 18 team mixed league using OBP at $2 as a farm graduate, meaning he's got this year and 2 more until extension. Dealt for $14 Andrew Miller. Man, as a dumping team, I would have paid a much higher price. Young Guns is a shark.
        Vogelbach is on a hot streak for sure, and always has good power and OB skills. However, playing time has always been an issue with the M's and it's not clear that he can hit lefties, which could really limit any value. Heard him interviewed on Seattle radio yesterday on the drive home, it's good to know his recent success has not yet gone to his head, lol.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Vogelbach is on a hot streak for sure, and always has good power and OB skills. However, playing time has always been an issue with the M's and it's not clear that he can hit lefties, which could really limit any value. Heard him interviewed on Seattle radio yesterday on the drive home, it's good to know his recent success has not yet gone to his head, lol.
          It's only gone to my head. First 2 weeks, before values are established, trades can make or break your season. But the guy dealing $14 Andrew Miller got in at the ground floor, I think.

Comment

It's only gone to my head. First 2 weeks, before values are established, trades can make or break your season. But the guy dealing $14 Andrew Miller got in at the ground floor, I think.
            I sure hope so !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't actually watch the Mariners a lot, but I was watching last year when this happened. Well worth the 30 seconds to watch !

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He's leading the majors in exit velocity by a relatively wide margin (99.6 to next closest 97.4).

Comment

yeah that was me who flipped him for Miller ... deal was done way back when he had 2 HRs (that's a helluva week!); still, assuming Miller returns to form I'm pleased with how it worked out.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    yeah that was me who flipped him for Miller ... deal was done way back when he had 2 HRs (that's a helluva week!); still, assuming Miller returns to form I'm pleased with how it worked out.
                    Is this a holds league?

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      Yeah, we started talking before he even hit any HR's if I recall. Honestly I was worried I was going to look like an idiot for sending Miller for a guy who might not even play at all. Then he just started hitting. Still early to make any conclusions.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Is this a holds league?
                        nope, regular 5x5
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I just grabbed him in 2 H2H mixed leagues. I don't know how he was still a FA. My drops were Schoop and B.Anderson.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Thanks for the jink. 0-2 with 2 K's so far tonight. Against a RH no less.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Thanks for the jink. 0-2 with 2 K's so far tonight. Against a RH no less.
                              Reverse jink success ! 3 hits after the 0 for 2 start
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X