Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sex Scandal takes down Trump, BClinton - or both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex Scandal takes down Trump, BClinton - or both?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/sta...232374872.html

this is the one that Trump-haters and Bill Clinton-haters have been waiting for (and Dershowitz - a liberal who has defended Trump - also might be in the mix)

"More than a decade after receiving one of the most lenient sentences for a serial sex offender in U.S history, multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein has been arrested outside of New York, sources confirmed to the Miami Herald Saturday night.

Epstein was arrested at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey, according to one of the sources. Flight records show he had just flown to Teterboro from Paris on Saturday.

Epstein, 66, is expected to be arraigned in federal court in New York on Monday on charges that he molested dozens of underage girls in New York and in Florida, the sources said. His arrest, first reported by the Daily Beast, comes nearly two weeks after the Justice Department announced that it would not throw out his 2008 non-prosecution agreement, even though a federal judge ruled it was illegal.

Rumors had been circulating for months that Epstein was under investigation on sex charges in the Southern District of New York. It’s not clear what instances those investigations involved, and the Herald had not been able to confirm the status of the New York probe.

In October 2017, as the #MeToo movement spurred a national conversation about the sexual harassment and abuse of women, the Herald had already begun examining the Epstein case. Earlier that year, following Acosta’s nomination as labor secretary, the Herald began to take a closer look at what role he played in Epstein’s controversial plea bargain.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/sta...#storylink=cpy

kind of weird that article at this point doesn't mention this one:

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_7912/
    "But beautiful women are only a part of it. Because here’s the thing about Epstein: As some collect butterflies, he collects beautiful minds. “I invest in people – be it politics or science. It’s what I do,” he has said to friends.

And his latest prize addition is the former president. In his eyes, Clinton as a species represents the highest evolutionary form of the political animal. To be up close to him, as he was during the African journey, is akin to seeing the rarest of beasts on a safari. As he put it to a friend upon his return from Africa, “If you were a boxer at the downtown gymnasium at 14th Street and Mike Tyson walked in, your face would have the same look as these foreign leaders had when Clinton entered the room. He is the world’s greatest politician.”"
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

I'll just jump in to emphasize that Dershowitz hasn't said or done anything "liberal" since at least as far back as 9/11/2001, and it's probably long past time to stop calling him one. As for whether Jeffrey Epstein might drag down bigger names with him, let alone Bill Clinton or Donald Trump, I don't want to speculate. It's gotta be a wait and see.

Comment

Dershowitz endorsed Obama in 2008 (after first endorsing Hillary) and again in 2012. He also is a big supporter of animal rights - not exactly a right-wing cause - and has criticized Trump numerous times.

here's a far more balanced description of Dershowitz than B-Fly's take:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...appened-218359

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Dershowitz endorsed Obama in 2008 (after first endorsing Hillary) and again in 2012. He also is a big supporter of animal rights - not exactly a right-wing cause - and has criticized Trump numerous times.

here's a far more balanced description of Dershowitz than B-Fly's take:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...appened-218359
        Criticizing trump isn't a Left leaning position.

It's a I have a brain/integrity and use it position.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So, Acosta is being called to the carpet. I have no issues with anyone involved being taken to task either side of the aisle..
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

JJ, you still think Ol' Bill will be a keynote speaker at the convention? I never thought he would be, but I am even more certain now.

Comment

yes, I do

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Trump, re Epstein: "Well, I knew him like everybody in Palm Beach knew him. I mean, people in Palm Beach knew him. He was a fixture in Palm Beach. I had a falling out with him a long time ago. I don't think I've spoken to him for 15 years. I wasn't a fan. I was not--yeah a long time ago, I'd say maybe 15 years--I was not a fan of his. That I can tell you. I was not a fan of his."

President Donald Trump defended Labor Secretary Alex Acosta amid calls for his resignation over his role in cutting a plea deal with Jeffrey Epstein.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Trump, re Epstein: "Well, I knew him like everybody in Palm Beach knew him. I mean, people in Palm Beach knew him. He was a fixture in Palm Beach. I had a falling out with him a long time ago. I don't think I've spoken to him for 15 years. I wasn't a fan. I was not--yeah a long time ago, I'd say maybe 15 years--I was not a fan of his. That I can tell you. I was not a fan of his."

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-...171006750.html
                  Epstein's sex offence charges were for crimes committed from 2002 to 2005. So they were primarily friends while Epstein was abusing children. I wonder what the supposed reason for the falling out was. Clearly Trump is implying he took issue with Epstein's character, but he can't be specific because he doesn't want to be connected.

I hope all of these supporters of rapists, like Jim Jordan, get what's coming to them.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

yes, I do
                    You may not underestimate the DNC, but you underestimate Us and our influence. No way Bill speaks if he's implicated and a progressive is the nominee.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      Epstein's sex offence charges were for crimes committed from 2002 to 2005. So they were primarily friends while Epstein was abusing children. I wonder what the supposed reason for the falling out was. Clearly Trump is implying he took issue with Epstein's character, but he can't be specific because he doesn't want to be connected.

I hope all of these supporters of rapists, like Jim Jordan, get what's coming to them.
                      I guess it's OK to sexually abuse women who are over 18....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        You may not underestimate the DNC, but you underestimate Us and our influence. No way Bill speaks if he's implicated and a progressive is the nominee.
                        of course, if he's implicated in this case - then he is persona non grata.

more interesting is if he isn't, which I will take as the default position (though his past is a lot darker than many want to admit - so who knows).

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

of course, if he's implicated in this case - then he is persona non grata.

more interesting is if he isn't, which I will take as the default position (though his past is a lot darker than many want to admit - so who knows).
                          Clinton has shown he's not above cheating on his wife and has been accused of sexual misconduct before so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more and darker incidents in his past. As for him speaking at the convention, I am well documented in being totally over the Clintons and though I can't see them excluding HRC I see no reason for Bill to speak at all.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I guarantee Epstein didn't kill himself. Too many powerful people with too much to lose, not named Epstein.

Epstein has about the same chances of being a suicide as Sandra Bland. Disgusting that all the rich and powerful pedophiles are now protected.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              I guarantee Epstein didn't kill himself. Too many powerful people with too much to lose, not named Epstein.

Epstein has about the same chances of being a suicide as Sandra Bland. Disgusting that all the rich and powerful pedophiles are now protected.
                              Dead men tell no tales.........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X