Gut Check Time: What To Do With This Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gut Check Time: What To Do With This Team

This is 5x5 10 team league with 6 reserves and 4 farms. We can do daily moves from reserve to active. I'm in third place 4.5 points out of 1st. My team started very slow and was in 9th place gradually working my way back up. My pitching leads the league at 47 points despite having Freeland on the team. 1st in ERA and W. 2nd in WHIP, SV and K. My offense is another story. 21.5 points tied for 7th. 6th BA, 8th HR, 6th R, 5th RBI, 8th tied in SB. It's been a coulda shoulda nothing but bad decisions on not keeping keepers like Bell at $6 over Hampson $1 and poor auction choices. Made one trade early on sending Cain $32 for Desmond $19 and Aguilar $2. Desmond has been okay and Aguilar not so much. Here is my roster and with teams starting to fall out of the race what players would you try to move to improve the offense. All player's contracts are either yr 1 or 2 unless OPT which means they go back to the FA pool.

C Ramos $10 yr 2
    C Suzuki $2 yr 1
    1B Desmond $19 yr 1
    3B Rendon $31 yr 1
    CI Donaldson $24 yr 1
    2B McMahon $5 yr 1
    SS Rosario $10 OPT
    MI Dozier $21 yr 1
    OF Acuna $6 yr 2
    OF Soto $1 yr 1
    OF Peraza $25 yr 1
    OF D Smith $9 yr 1 FAAB
    OF Yastremski $1 yr 1 FAAB
    UT H Ramirez $5 yr 1 FAAB

Reserves:
    OF Kemp $7 yr 1
    1B Aguilar $2 yr 2
    CI Sandoval $1 yr 1

P Buehler $13 C 2021
    P Nola $22 C2020
    P Garett $1 yr 1
    P Melconan $1 yr 1 FAAB
    P Moronta $2 yr 1
    P Neris $3 yr 1
    P W Smith $2 yr 2
    P Strop $5 yr 2
    P Urias $5 yr 1

Reserves:

P Hill $7 yr 1
    P Quintana $9 yr 1
    P Ryu $11 yr 1

FARM:

OF Mesa $10
    C Bart $6
    SS L Garcia $2
    P K Wright $1

I'd probably try to deal some of your starting pitching for another hitter. And put Panda in the line-up, it's a bit of a gamble, but he's worth more than starting a guy like Ramirez or Yaz. The other guys should come around, Dozier is hitting well the last few weeks, he'll never be a high average guy, but he's crawling towards .250. Maybe you can upgrade at 1st...at this point I have no idea what Kemp is up to. He's a cut if anything pops up on the WW IMO.

I think you have a good offensive core...let them get to their level.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Definitely move SP for hitting help. And tell me Ryu hasn’t been on reserve all seasons...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Definitely move SP for hitting help. And tell me Ryu hasn’t been on reserve all seasons...
        We can do daily moves between our reserves and active so when my starters are not pitching they go to the reserve roster. Ryu has been active every game for my team. I agree that moving pitching for hitting is my best option.

Comment

Working...
        X