what's your favorite side character from Seinfeld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your favorite side character from Seinfeld

any character even if it was one episode. i just watched a couple episodes, it's hard not to get them mixed up. anyways, i think the gossip Rabbi is actually pretty funny. the way the he changes the conversation to gossip. lol. i think that's the one Kramer spills hot coffee on himself in the movie theater. the coffee part is funny because George calls Jerry a great friend and adds he wouldn't call the police even if Jerry killed someone. and Kramer says that he would. and then in the movie theater Jerry turns Kramer in for having an outside drink.

also, i started noticing more illegal shit they did. which is kind of funny. so if you see or remember a time they actually broke the law, i'd like to note it. i have two.
    the episode Jerry called a bomb threat in to Yankee stadium.
    the one Newman, Elaine and Kramer kidnapped a dog a drove it out into the boonies.

i guess i'll have to go with the Rabbi. try to find the less famous gems.

The door to Jerry's apartment. Kramer got all the hype, but he'd have been lost without that door. That door never got the credit it deserved.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I'm going to have to vote for Teri Hatcher's "real and spectaular" breasts,or is that 2 character?
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        I'm going to have to vote for Teri Hatcher's "real and spectaular" breasts,or is that 2 character?
        Those would also be front characters not side characters.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          I am going with Donald (Bubble Boy) because without him there would be no Moops.

The Moops scene is the funniest scene in all of Seinfeld.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            Those would also be front characters not side characters.
            Side boob is a thing.

Comment

I cannot believe there is only 6 views on this thread.

I am thinking this is one of glitches happening during the changeover?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I cannot believe there is only 6 views on this thread.
                my preview headline for the thread asked "What's your favorite side..." so I was coming in to write Creamed Spinach.

not a less famous gem, but David Puddy always cracked me up.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Oh man, as a Seinfeld fanatic that’s a tough one. My first inclination is Lloyd Bridges as Izzy Mandelbaum (“you think you’re better than me?”) but also loved Jimmy the third-person talking meathead, Slippery Pete and Shlomo from the Frogger episode, the list is pretty endless.

As for crimes, they also
                  - bootlegged movies (by force)
                  - robbed an old lady of a marble rye
                  - George stoke a book from the bookstore because they made him buy the one he took into the bathroom

I’m sure there are more of those as well, I’d have to think about it.

Comment

Keith Hernandez
                    Yev Kassem
                    George Steinbrenner

Comment

Steinbrenner (Larry David) by a country mile.

Comment

some of the women were gorgeous. i never watch SNL but i saw Sara Silverman where she was going out with Kramer. she looked really young but was like 28 at the time. and Jami Gertz from the can't spare a square, i always thought she had the best brown eye's you ever saw. i like the woman interviewing George and Jerry when she thought they were gay. i liked the flannel shirt look.

Judge Reinhold is pretty famous. not sure if the close-talker episodes were that good. he fit the role tho.
                        Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                        Oh man, as a Seinfeld fanatic that’s a tough one. My first inclination is Lloyd Bridges as Izzy Mandelbaum (“you think you’re better than me?”) but also loved Jimmy the third-person talking meathead, Slippery Pete and Shlomo from the Frogger episode, the list is pretty endless.

As for crimes, they also
                        - bootlegged movies (by force)
                        - robbed an old lady of a marble rye
                        - George stoke a book from the bookstore because they made him buy the one he took into the bathroom

I’m sure there are more of those as well, I’d have to think about it.
                        those are some good ones. right after i had posted i saw the one where Jerry gambled with Kramers friend who wanted to be a bookie, not that it's illegal really, then accidentally broke his thumbs. the one Elaine was mistaken for Suzie, but at the funeral Jerry was jokingly pretending to be a menace.

also, they were involved in a cockfighting ring when Kramer bought a rooster 'little Jerry'. it seems like they are breaking the law every episode.
                        Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Steinbrenner (Larry David) by a country mile.
                        i think he ended up doing it when he was showing how Steinbrenner should be, and they decided he did it so good that he should just do it.

Comment

Bania
                          The Drake
                          The Low Talker
                          The Close Talker
                          The Chinese Restaurant maitre'D (Cartwright!)
                          Crazy Joe Davola
                          Uncle Leo
                          Jackie Chiles

Comment

Wilford Brimley as the Postmaster General...and Baboo...there are so many. Slippery Pete was great (the holes).

Newman and Kramer using a mail truck to take deposit bottles to Michigan (I think) to get a bigger deposit back.

Comment

The Bris epsidoe has 2 of my favorite characters:
                              The mohel and Pigman.

Comment

Working...
                              X