A sad day for TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad day for TM

I have already dropped my two fantasy leagues in Florida due to living overseas. Now today, I have had to drop my Stratomatic league. I was partners with a guy in America and he decided to step down. Being overseas, I am unable to assume full responsibility for the team. I was the GM and he was the field manager. So, this will be the first year I have done with baseball since the late 90's when I took a couple years break. I had a good rebuilding project going on too. Picked up Freese in a trade. Just picked up E Rogers in another. And I drafted D Brown, Drabek, Bourjos, Trumbo, and Jeffress. The new owner should be real happy with his team for next year.
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

I am sorry for you.

In this day and age can't you run it by computer?

Comment

Or get someone from rj to do it?

Comment

That's a thought to have someone from RJ play, but it is very time consuming playing the games. We do play by computer but with connection issues in China and the time difference always made it a hassle to schedule and play the games. Plus, it seems like not too many on this board knows how or wants to play Stratomatic. Whoever would play would have to buy the game which costs around $60. If anyone would be interested in being the field manager for a strat team, let me know asap. Email me at [email protected] and I'll see if the league commish would be cool with it. But, you would have to keep in mind that I am the GM and I would have the final say on all trades, roster moves, etc.
        拖裤子,
        放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

cant you teach your Asian friends?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
            But, you would have to keep in mind that I am the GM and I would have the final say on all trades, roster moves, etc.
            Just based on this last sentence, you should ask Kohm.

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
              But, you would have to keep in mind that I am the GM and I would have the final say on all trades, roster moves, etc.
              I am stunned people arent lining up to do it after this line. I mean with jobs so hard to come by these days, who wouldnt want to be an international gopher?
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I am stunned people arent lining up to do it after this line. I mean with jobs so hard to come by these days, who wouldnt want to be an international gopher?
                International Gopher would be a good name for a band....or a cartoon secret agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                  International Gopher(c) would be a good name for a band....or a cartoon secret agent.
                  Copyrighted...
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

One good thing about having no fantasy teams is that I can finally root for my Giants without any hindrances. I would always want my players to do well even at the expense of my team. Now I can just root for the Giants and not worry about individual players. I will follow some players though to see how they do who I had last year (Ubaldo, Hamilton, Price, Hughes) and also some of my Stratomatic rookies (D Brown, Drabek, Bourjos, Trumbo and Jeffress) to see if they would have been valuable for next year. The difference is I won't lose too much sleep if they do poorly.
                    拖裤子,
                    放屁

Comment

Working...
                    X