X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Longoria

14 team mixed league (5X5) I have been offered:

Adam Laroache 2- $4 Can be extededed for $9-14 or $9-14-19
    Gio Gonzalez- 1-$1 will be $1 this year w/ an extension decision next year.

For

Evan Longoria Final year $19.

I know I would be giving up the best player, but Laroache has put up similar numbers to Longoria from a more shallow position.

I am tempted to pull the trigger but wanted to get the Pen's thoughts.

I'm missing something here - does Laroche qualify somewhere other than 1B in your league?

I see Longoria as significantly more valuable than Laroche - 10-20 points in BA, 10+ steals greater, 10-20 runs greater. That's a big difference in a 14-teamer. I like Gio, but in a 14-team mixed, I'll bet you can find quality SPs at inexpensive prices during the auction.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The only thing that makes this interesting to me is Longoria expires this year. We have 10 pitchers vs 9. Which is not huge but 14 pitchers from the talent pool depletes it a little.

Thansk for the advice, that is what I thought I would hear.

Comment

I am a big fan of Gio but have to agree with Chance. In a mixed 14 teamer it is hard to trade hitting for pitching and come out on top. I think you can do better.

Comment

3B is far more shallow than first and while the power numbers of Laroche and Longoria were the same in 2k10, Longoria scored 20 more runs, had 15 more steals and 50 points of OBP. I also think Longo will be better this year while Laroche will not. Gio doesnt balance the scales for me.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I've had LaRoche through the years in this league, abd honestly I've liked having him but he has been just above Replacement Level at 1st (not accounting for CI) and Longoria although in his lest year of his contract if he was in the auction he'd go for somewhere between 40-50. I'd definitely keep Longoria. (Gonzalez is too much of a wild card for me).
            Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Working...
            X