Need 1 Owner for (29) year old AL-Only 4x4 Keeper League in Reading, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 1 Owner for (29) year old AL-Only 4x4 Keeper League in Reading, PA

Possibly looking for a replacement owner in what is one of the oldest Rotisserie Baseball leagues still in existence. We've been around since 1985! Cost is $200/team. Pay-outs 45%, 25%, 15%, 10% and 5% for 1st thru 5th place. It's a 12-team league, but we lost 2 owners this year and still have 1 hole to fill. It's standard 4x4, 23 active players with a reserve roster. Since there would be 2 new teams, we plan to hold a dispersal draft between the 2 new owners where 1 owner picks 1st and 4th, and the other picks 2nd and 3rd, etc.

Our webpage is here if you want to peruse more info...

do I need to be at draft in person?

Comment

I might be interested. When is draft day?

Comment

I just looked at the web site and saw that it is Sat 3/29. That may be a conflict for me, but I'll have to see. I'm still interested.

Comment

Yeah, I have a conflict. Any chance that the date is moved?

Comment

Yes, the draft is Sat 3/29. We sent the date out to the existing members about 2 weeks ago and got no objections. So at this point that's probably where it will stay since that's (in our opinion) the best weekend for a draft since it's immediately before the first games and you have a good idea of what rookies have made the team, etc.

RHD, I think you should cancel your other plans!

Rotogod, We'd prefer to have all league owners there in person since it's just a lot more fun that way. Any chance you can be there in person?

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              Yes, the draft is Sat 3/29. We sent the date out to the existing members about 2 weeks ago and got no objections. So at this point that's probably where it will stay since that's (in our opinion) the best weekend for a draft since it's immediately before the first games and you have a good idea of what rookies have made the team, etc.

RHD, I think you should cancel your other plans!
              Unfortunately, I cant. One of Jersey leagues that I've been in for 10 years has its draft the same day. Too bad for me. Looks like you have some good guys in the league, including one that I was in a league w once.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Unfortunately, I cant. One of Jersey leagues that I've been in for 10 years has its draft the same day. Too bad for me. Looks like you have some good guys in the league, including one that I was in a league w once.
                I'll let you know if anything changes.

Just curious, who from our league have been in a league with before?

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  I'll let you know if anything changes.

Just curious, who from our league have been in a league with before?
                  Matt Dodge.

Comment

Is there any additional costs throughout the season aside from the $200?
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Is there any additional costs throughout the season aside from the $200?
                      Nope. $200 and that's all. The cost for the stat service comes out of everyone's entrance fees. Interested?

Comment

I was...until I just mussed up my car today. I don't know if I can make the commitment this far out. A shame, since I live 90 minutes from Reading and my dad lives up there.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          I was...until I just mussed up my car today. I don't know if I can make the commitment this far out. A shame, since I live 90 minutes from Reading and my dad lives up there.
                          Let me know if something changes. It's still early but as of now we still have the opening.

Comment

Working...
                          X