Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, anything happening in the world during the last few weeks I should be aware of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, anything happening in the world during the last few weeks I should be aware of?

It's funny how a newborn can make such things as tsunamis and nuclear meltdowns and revolutions and military interventions just so much background noise. Sheesh. What kind of world did I just bring my kid into?

One where Bartolo Colon is a viable fifth starter in New York. Oh, the humanity.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

There are more Flys in it?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        It's funny how a newborn can make such things as tsunamis and nuclear meltdowns and revolutions and military interventions just so much background noise. Sheesh. What kind of world did I just bring my kid into?
        Wow! Congrats! My brain is fried. Boy or girl?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Wow! Congrats! My brain is fried. Boy or girl?
          Thanks! Boy. Xander Jack Fleischer, March 10, 2011, 9 lbs, 1 oz.

Comment

X-Fly, sounds like a super hero
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The most important thing may be me taking a commanding lead in the Death Pool thanks to Elizabeth Taylor's passing.

I guess some other stuff happened too, but now that you have a newborn, you may rarely hear about most of it. Best of luck.

Comment

Congrats B Fly. I couldn't agree more. My daughter was born on 9/10/01 and we were in the hospital with her for 4 days after 9/11. It was very surreal. The whole world is focused on what's happening and you're just focused on the baby. Good luck with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Yeah, if the kid gets his PhD, everyone will be calling him Professor X. On the other hand, Xander is a mega-cool name.
                  “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Yeah, make sure he doesn't use his middle name....I don't think Jack-Fly sounds as cool.

Comment

You got yourself a big one! A blessing to the whole family.

Really really happy for you and yours.

Comment

Working...
                      X