Basketball Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Season thread

The draft is done. Time to tip the ball.

Looking throught the rosters, the ususal suspect float to the top--Ryno, Piney Boy, Amit--but one team soars above the rest, born on the wings on an 11th round pick in 2011. With James Harden as a keeper, B_Fly also drafted well. A lot depends on Kobe being Kobe, but that is a gamble I would not mind trying.

The counter argument to this is Moccasin's team. He can be relied to be competitive, but the preseason grade is not good.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I am not a usual suspect at the top. I am a usual suspect at the bottom. I only finished 3rd once and that was when Damarcus Cousins rookie year when someone dropped him.
    Last edited by Piney Boy; 10-28-2013, 03:53 PM.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Setting my line-up today in yahoo, it's horrifyingly bad. If I finish in the top half of the league, you all should be ashamed.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Don't forget about League Safe. Invites were sent a few weeks ago for those to sign up that want to. So far only 3 have signed up. Deadline is still 18 days away. $20.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Dang. I didn't realize I have finished 1st in 3 of the last 6 seasons.

Comment

My League Safe payment appears to be in. PB, do you mind double-checking?

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

Looking throught the rosters, the ususal suspect float to the top--Ryno, Piney Boy, Amit--but one team soars above the rest, born on the wings on an 11th round pick in 2011. With James Harden as a keeper, B_Fly also drafted well. A lot depends on Kobe being Kobe, but that is a gamble I would not mind trying.

The counter argument to this is Moccasin's team. He can be relied to be competitive, but the preseason grade is not good.

J
              Personally I love Simon's back-court. I think JC has a very well-rounded team.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

I guess the pressure's on. For what it's worth, I was not the wise man who drafted Harden in Round 11 in 2011, but I was the wise man who asked for James Harden in a 2011-2012 dump trade, kept him in 2012, and then lucked into the OKC-HOU trade after we had completed our draft last year.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  My League Safe payment appears to be in. PB, do you mind double-checking?
                  yes you paid.

Comment

A much needed thank you to Amit for inputting the draft for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                      Don't forget about League Safe. Invites were sent a few weeks ago for those to sign up that want to. So far only 3 have signed up. Deadline is still 18 days away. $20.
                      I can't find the invite. Maybe it was sent to my old email address? Can you send to [email protected]? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        I guess the pressure's on. For what it's worth, I was not the wise man who drafted Harden in Round 11 in 2011, but I was the wise man who asked for James Harden in a 2011-2012 dump trade, kept him in 2012, and then lucked into the OKC-HOU trade after we had completed our draft last year.
                        If I recall correctly, there was some controversy when I traded Harden to you for Chris Paul. I actually didn't want to trade Harden, but he was the biggest chip that I had at that time and I needed the assists from CP3 to secure the championship. It was a win-win for both of us.

Comment

Flags fly forever.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                            If I recall correctly, there was some controversy when I traded Harden to you for Chris Paul. I actually didn't want to trade Harden, but he was the biggest chip that I had at that time and I needed the assists from CP3 to secure the championship. It was a win-win for both of us.
                            Indeed. I recall everyone was mad that I traded CP3 for a bench player.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                              Personally I love Simon's back-court. I think JC has a very well-rounded team.
                              Simon does have great guards, but her also has a FT% anchor, in Drummond, and no strength or depth in rebounding. That said, after last year, I am not about to count him out.

JC not so much. I see JC as having at least two possible black hole stats--blocks and steals--and another issue at FG%. Solving all three is a long shot. For having Love, I don't like his rebounding that much. I like your team a lot better, even if your have an issue with blocks.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X