Best iPhone Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best iPhone Apps

I find the iTunes app store to be very lacking when trying to find apps, so I'm always asking buddies or googling articles. I've downloaded quite a few, but a few are head and shoulders above the rest. Post the ones you've found to be great!

Traffic.com -- uses the built-in GPS and gives you accurate up-to-the-second traffic patterns. I use this one most mornings on my commute to work. Free.

Sound Hound -- listens to a song and gives you the song name and artist. It's free, but I think you're limited to a handful of songs per month.

CBS Fantasy Sports -- does onRoto have this? This app is essential when stuck at weddings or out at the mall when games are going on. Live Scoring, set lineups, make trades -- I can't do without this one.

Netflix -- you can watch movies right on your iPhone -- my son uses this one in the car all the time.

MLB At Bat
    ESPN Scorecenter
    Shazam - Same as Sound Hound
    Pro Football Weeky (free app)
    FBG Mobile

Comment

If you know of anyone with a seizure disorder, please suggest SeizureTracker's app to them-- it's free and amazing; the neuro departments at Hopkins, UCLA, Cleveland Clinic, NYU, UVA and Washington Children's are all recommending it to their patients.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I find the iTunes app store to be very lacking when trying to find apps, so I'm always asking buddies or googling articles. I've downloaded quite a few, but a few are head and shoulders above the rest. Post the ones you've found to be great!

Traffic.com -- uses the built-in GPS and gives you accurate up-to-the-second traffic patterns. I use this one most mornings on my commute to work. Free.

Sound Hound -- listens to a song and gives you the song name and artist. It's free, but I think you're limited to a handful of songs per month.

CBS Fantasy Sports -- does onRoto have this? This app is essential when stuck at weddings or out at the mall when games are going on. Live Scoring, set lineups, make trades -- I can't do without this one.

Netflix -- you can watch movies right on your iPhone -- my son uses this one in the car all the time.
        I use Shazam for the same purpose as Sound Hound. There is a free one with a limit (maybe 5 samples a month) and a pay one. (ETA: I see Griz mentionined already)

Living in NYC a must have is iTrans NYC. Has full system map as well as line maps for individual subways. Timetables as well as service interruptions.

Pandora is another freebie that like its internet counterpart, streams music based on your song choice (like the genius function on iPods except it's not limited to your library).

Accuweather far more detailed and accurate than the standard iPhone weather app.

I'll second ESPN Scorecenter

Yelp - Like the website a great way to feed into user reviews to find good places to do just about anything with the added plus of GPS to find things near you.

Comment

on my phone now so I'll post descriptions later but I'm a big fan of
          Evernote
          Instapaper
          Pulse News
          Hipstamatic
          Camera+
          FBG Mobile
          TuneinRadio
          Pandora

Comment

since I've cancelled my Netflix streaming service, I'm looking for free apps to watch shows, since my son loves using my phone for that in the car.

Cartoon Network's app is awesome. Just enter in your ID/password for your cable provider, and bingo, you have access to all of their full shows. That one app alone made nixing Netflix streaming worth it!

I started to look for other Networks that make their full shows available (not just clips). Food Network does, as well as HBO GO. Anyone know any others?

Comment

free wi-fi finder (also a free app)
              untapped -- for beer drinkers
              foursquare - for finding ideas in new places
              echofon - if you use Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                since I've cancelled my Netflix streaming service, I'm looking for free apps to watch shows, since my son loves using my phone for that in the car.

Cartoon Network's app is awesome. Just enter in your ID/password for your cable provider, and bingo, you have access to all of their full shows. That one app alone made nixing Netflix streaming worth it!

I started to look for other Networks that make their full shows available (not just clips). Food Network does, as well as HBO GO. Anyone know any others?

I think either TNT or TBS has one, maybe both.

Comment

Working...
                X