Pulled off the LeBron-KD gambit at my auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled off the LeBron-KD gambit at my auction

I had to cringe and hold my hand over my mouth to let D-Rose pass at $26 and CP3 pass at $34, but I stuck with my plan and landed both James and Durant with money to spare. I think there was only one other guy of the nine owners at the auction who really understood how shallow a 9 team league with 10-man starting rosters was going to be, and he ended up pairing Harden and Curry in his backcourt.

So here's my team:

G G.Dragic $6
    G K.Martin $1
    G W.Matthews $1
    G T.Evans $1
    F K.Durant $59
    F L.James $57
    F K.Korver $1
    F T.Harris $1
    C D.Cousins $20
    C S.Hawes $1

Bench: J.Nelson, S.Marion, S.Dalembert, M.Carter-Williams, J.Butler, M.Thornton

We have weekly transactions, so I'll rotate my guards a lot based on who has the 4 or 5 game weeks. Obviously, there will be less rotation in my front court, but I got the type of solid $1 players who you'd pretty much expect to be overlooked in a league this shallow. I didn't expect to be able to afford a potential best like Boogie Cousins after buying LBJ and KD, and maybe I would have been better served to spread that $ around, but after I got KD and LBJ for under $120, I did want to make sure that my one other splurge would be on a double-double machine who was C-eligible, and I ended up with a guy who could easily be 20-10 with great STL as well. I may be a bit shy on blocks. I picked up a lot of assists in the reserve draft, but with LBJ and KD pitching in 13-14/night between the two of them, I think I can afford to regularly run out lineups with three SGs. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    I had to cringe and hold my hand over my mouth to let D-Rose pass at $26 and CP3 pass at $34, but I stuck with my plan and landed both James and Durant with money to spare. I think there was only one other guy of the nine owners at the auction who really understood how shallow a 9 team league with 10-man starting rosters was going to be, and he ended up pairing Harden and Curry in his backcourt.

So here's my team:

G G.Dragic $6
    G K.Martin $1
    G W.Matthews $1
    G T.Evans $1
    F K.Durant $59
    F L.James $57
    F K.Korver $1
    F T.Harris $1
    C D.Cousins $20
    C S.Hawes $1

Bench: J.Nelson, S.Marion, S.Dalembert, M.Carter-Williams, J.Butler, M.Thornton

We have weekly transactions, so I'll rotate my guards a lot based on who has the 4 or 5 game weeks. Obviously, there will be less rotation in my front court, but I got the type of solid $1 players who you'd pretty much expect to be overlooked in a league this shallow. I didn't expect to be able to afford a potential best like Boogie Cousins after buying LBJ and KD, and maybe I would have been better served to spread that $ around, but after I got KD and LBJ for under $120, I did want to make sure that my one other splurge would be on a double-double machine who was C-eligible, and I ended up with a guy who could easily be 20-10 with great STL as well. I may be a bit shy on blocks. I picked up a lot of assists in the reserve draft, but with LBJ and KD pitching in 13-14/night between the two of them, I think I can afford to regularly run out lineups with three SGs. What do you guys think?
    Extraordinary team...really. You've got threes, blocks, ratios, the whole enchilada...I think that Hawes is a steal, he's one of the few guys I really regret not getting in our draft. And the guys that you got are steady, no injury risks there that I can see...again, well done.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
    X