RJ Highball 2013-2014 Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Highball 2013-2014 Draft Thread

Draft starts Monday, 10/14 12:00 noon ET.

hammer did a randomization for us and here is the draft order:

I will post the other rules ASAP.

Re: Need your help
    Originally Posted by Piney Boy
    Could you please randomize the following 12 names for our draft:

1. JimBobCousy (moccasin)
    2. Bert's Ballers (Riff Raff)
    3. Marlee Belles (B-Fly)
    4. Judex's Jumpers (Jude Baldo)
    5. The Ones Who Knock (pjs)
    6. mjlewis
    7. Preachers (Hornsby)
    8. Ryno's Rim Rattlers
    9. Piney Boy
    10. Oakland A's
    11. J's Hawks (onejayhawk)
    12. Joncarlos

9- Piney Boy
    4-Jude Blado
    6- mjl
    1- moccasin
    8- ryno
    12 - joncarlos
    -11 - onejayhawk
    -5 - pjs24
    -3- B-Fly
    10 - Oakland A's
    -2- Riff Raff
    7 - Hornsby
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Seriously? Again with Riff and Fly in the top 3? Sigh...just once I'd like to have a shot at Bron, Durant, or anyone on that level...

BTW, that's the EXACT same top 3 as last year...I call BS. In fact, that's the EXACT same order as last year, almost statistically impossible...

2012 draft order:

Draft Order:

3. Marlee Belles (B-Fly)
    6. Unknowns (tomhobbes)
    7. Preachers (Hornsby)
    8. Ryno's Rim Rattlers
    9. Piney Boy
    10. Oakland A's
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Seriously? Again with Riff and Fly in the top 3? Sigh...just once I'd like to have a shot at Bron, Durant, or anyone on that level...

BTW, that's the EXACT same top 3 as last year...I call BS. In fact, that's the EXACT same order as last year, almost statistically impossible...

2012 draft order:

Draft Order:

3. Marlee Belles (B-Fly)
      6. Unknowns (tomhobbes)
      7. Preachers (Hornsby)
      8. Ryno's Rim Rattlers
      9. Piney Boy
      10. Oakland A's
      Again your flying off the handle. The first list is what I submitted to hammer. The 2nd list is what he sent me.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        Again your flying off the handle. The first list is what I submitted to hammer. The 2nd list is what he sent me.
        So tell me what's different about the 2nd list? Jim Bob is still 1st, Riff is still 2nd, Fly is 3rd...etc. It's the exact same list.

So since I seem to be missing it, please post the REAL draft order so we can get started...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

A top 2 perspective - Horns is right.

Looking at the draft orders from the last 2 yrs they are almost identical.

Blame the software?

While i'd LOVE #2 I think there is an issue here - the draft ranks are nearly identical.

We need to use 2 guys like we see in the annual Mocks (or the Vintage drafts - best bet) to get the order.

Comment

So tell me what's different about the 2nd list? Jim Bob is still 1st, Riff is still 2nd, Fly is 3rd...etc. It's the exact same list.

So since I seem to be missing it, please post the REAL draft order so we can get started...
            i did read the whole post.

hammer sent me a list with numbers only. I added the names. Editing is horrible on an iPad.

I am first. Jude 2nd. Mjl 3rd......

Comment

need some explanation PB. I don't get how your are #1 at all given then the info above.

Either way I think we need 2 non league members determining the draft order. The results we have are suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                i did read the whole post.

hammer sent me a list with numbers only. I added the names. Editing is horrible on an iPad.

I am first. Jude 2nd. Mjl 3rd......
                Well, that was certainly clear as river mud...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I think PB is saying the 2nd list is the draft order; just remove the numbers in front of the names.

Comment

The usual way to randomize the draft order is to have Person #1 send the names in random order to Person #3, and have Person #2 send the numbers from 1-12 in random order to Person #3. Person #3 then puts the two lists together and posts them. That way, all three can verify their part of the result, and there is no question about the fairness.

Comment

I think that our Yahoo site can generate a random draft order

Comment

My reaction was...again with pick #3? Sigh...just once I'd like to have a shot at Bron, Durant, or anyone on that level...

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          My reaction was...again with pick #3? Sigh...just once I'd like to have a shot at Bron, Durant, or anyone on that level...
                          Sarcasm doesn't become you...a Colossus who strides above the rest of us mere mortals should eschew such petty dealings.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Seriously, though, with Pick #3 I was about to ask if anyone wanted to trade draft positions. Last year my #3 pick was K-Love and I got two weeks out of him all year. Plus, I've already got the #3 fantasy guy for 2013-14 as my Rd. 5 keeper.

Comment

Does someone have access to the standings from last year? I'd love to try to figure out what kind of totals I need in each category.

Comment

Working...
                              X