Jeff Fisher Out at TEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Fisher Out at TEN

"SI.com’s Don Banks is reporting that the Titans and longtime coach Jeff Fisher are preparing to part ways.

The move is awfully surprising because owner Bud Adams essentially chose Fisher over troubled QB Vince Young in a showdown of the loser-must-leave-town following Tennessee’s 6-10 season. But according to Banks, Fisher was troubled that defensive coordinator and close friend Chuck Cecil was fired while very well-respected defensive line coach Jim Washburn left for Philadelphia.

At this point, we’re not sure if Adams is firing Fisher, if Fisher is resigning or if it’s somewhere in between. "

Good. I haven't liked Fisher in a while.

Comment

Heading to the Eagles to be their d-coordinator?!?

Comment

this is how long Fisher's been HC for the Titans/Oilers: he succeeded Jack Pardee as head coach. yeesh, that's a name out of the cobwebs.

Comment

When are they interviewing Bill Cowher?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
            Heading to the Eagles to be their d-coordinator?!?
            That would be nice, but I have no idea why he or the Eagles would do that. You know he'd only be there for one year before he got hired as a HC again.

I could see him coming to Philly as a "consultant" to help rebuild the defense without the responsibilities of coordinating it, but more likely I think he does the TV thing for a year and then gets another HC gig in 2012.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

If he takes the Eagles job, doesnt he give up his salary as Titans HC?
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
              X