College BB team draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College BB team draft

Back in HS (mid-90s), I participated in a college BB team draft-league where the only stat counted was Ws. It was pretty fun and so I'm thinking about starting one up.

Pretty simple format: snake draft all the D-1 teams (or as many as possible depending on league size).

Payouts would go something like:

Most total Ws - 40%
    2nd most Ws - 20%
    National champ - 10%
    Most NCAA tourney teams - 10%
    Most NCAA tourney Ws - 10%
    Most Ws from last round pick - 10%

I already have about 6 people rounded up. Ideally we'd get 25, then we'd have 14-team rosters, but we can make it work with however many we get.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Sounds fun. I'm likely in.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Back in HS (mid-90s), I participated in a college BB team draft-league where the only stat counted was Ws. It was pretty fun and so I'm thinking about starting one up.

Pretty simple format: snake draft all the D-1 teams (or as many as possible depending on league size).

Payouts would go something like:

Most total Ws - 40%
    2nd most Ws - 20%
    National champ - 10%
    Most NCAA tourney teams - 10%
    Most NCAA tourney Ws - 10%
    Most Ws from last round pick - 10%

I already have about 6 people rounded up. Ideally we'd get 25, then we'd have 14-team rosters, but we can make it work with however many we get.

Comment

I'd probably play.

Comment

I'd like to try it.

Comment

We've got 12 so far, feel free to forward the invite to others. I've been thinking about the payouts and tracking all that stuff isn't going to be fun, so we'll just do top 3 payout 50/25/15, then 10 (%) to team with most Ws from last round pick.

Surely there are more than 4 junkies who follow college BB...
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I have a friend not on RJ that would like to play.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
              I have a friend not on RJ that would like to play.
              Great...everyone feel free to forward invites to whoever.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Are you planning a slow online draft, or a single day one?

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                  Are you planning a slow online draft, or a single day one?
                  We have some time to decide, do you have a preference? It's probably going to be hard to find a time for everyone to be online, so I'd figured a 'slow' draft, but I'd prefer it to be a relatively short clock, like 2 hours. No one's clock would start before 8 am or go later than 10 pm (meaning 11 am-10 pm EST since we'll have people on both coasts).
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    We have some time to decide, do you have a preference? It's probably going to be hard to find a time for everyone to be online, so I'd figured a 'slow' draft, but I'd prefer it to be a relatively short clock, like 2 hours. No one's clock would start before 8 am or go later than 10 pm (meaning 11 am-10 pm EST since we'll have people on both coasts).
                    I agree - I think a slow draft would be better. The season starts in mid-November, so we should have plenty of time if we start by late October.

Comment

Working...
                    X