RJ Highball Basketball League starting back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Highball Basketball League starting back up

I will be pm'ing all participants, but if you were in last year and are coming back please post here. Also joncarlos is to be joining us to move us up to 11.

Draft TBD, but still done here.

1. JimBobCousy (moccasin) - back
    2. Bert's Ballers (Riff Raff) - back
    3. Marlee Belles (B-Fly) - Back heard back from him on Facebook
    4. Judex's Jumpers (Jude Baldo) - back only talked to Amit
    5. The Ones Who Knock (pjs) - back, in league in yahoo
    6. Unknowns (tomhobbes)
    7. Preachers (Hornsby) - back
    8. Ryno's Rim Rattlers - back
    9. Piney Boy -back
    10. Oakland A's-back
    11. J's Hawks (onejayhawk) - back

joncarlos - 1st expansion
    mjl - next on list
    Last edited by Piney Boy; 10-03-2013, 08:24 AM.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

In...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I am in.

I wonder if there is any appetite for category changes ....

3pt%
      merging dreb and oreb

Just some ideas.

Comment

I send out invites for this year. They should be on the main page for yahoo fantasy basketball.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Yo ho.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

In if you need another new guy.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              In if you need another new guy.
              I will get back to you. Give me a couple of days. I have to hear back from the others and get them into the yahoo league. Also I am in the midst of cleaning out my grandmother's apartment who just went into a nursing home.

Comment

Wow. BBM appears to be $35 for a full year - up $10 from last year? Ouch!

Comment

pm sent to the 6 missing from last year and joncarlos.

Comment

Me and DRose are back...

Comment

I'll be back again this year.

Comment

How are keepers going to work for new owners? I can see that there are some kind of keepers based on last year's draft? I'm interested but I don't want to walk into a hopeless situation.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          How are keepers going to work for new owners? I can see that there are some kind of keepers based on last year's draft? I'm interested but I don't want to walk into a hopeless situation.
                          Expansion teams often have a disadvantage. Let them draft normally.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Expansion teams often have a disadvantage. Let them draft normally.

J
                            What does that mean? No keepers while everyone else has 1 or 2?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              What does that mean? No keepers while everyone else has 1 or 2?
                              One solution could be that new owners could keep 1-2 players from the pool of players from teams that aren't coming back. Or, if every team comes back, from the pool of players not kept from the returning teams.

The rules in this league make it so almost all of the top players cannot be kept. Keepers are kept at the round drafted the previous year, minus 3 rounds. So every player drafted in the first three rounds is automatically back in the pool. And there aren't many 4th or 5th round picks from last year who are worth giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick this year. Most of the keepers end up being in the late rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X