Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Millionaire show tonight (Sunday 3/20/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Millionaire show tonight (Sunday 3/20/11)

The guy featured tonight, Jimbo Malinchak is from my hometown. I played softball with him for a few years in the 1980's and 90's.

Nice to see him so successful, but.....he really doesn't help out our hometown. His parents still live here and so do many of his relatives. Iit disappoints me and others who can't understand why he doesn't help the olo' hometown out.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    The guy featured tonight, Jimbo Malinchak is from my hometown. I played softball with him for a few years in the 1980's and 90's.

Nice to see him so successful, but.....he really doesn't help out our hometown. His parents still live here and so do many of his relatives. Iit disappoints me and others who can't understand why he doesn't help the olo' hometown out.

Maybe he is not a fan of his hometown?

Does he still live there?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Maybe he is not a fan of his hometown?

Does he still live there?
      I beleive he lives somewhere near Las Vegas. Yeah maybe he isn't a fan.

I guess for people like me who stay close to their roots it's odd that some people just leave and never look back.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It's better PR (more sales) if he gives to strangers instead of people he already knows.

btw: For those who didn't know, he's a successful motivational speaker.
        Last edited by madducks; 03-21-2011, 12:47 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I beleive he lives somewhere near Las Vegas. Yeah maybe he isn't a fan.

I guess for people like me who stay close to their roots it's odd that some people just leave and never look back.
          Yep. But for some the growing up years were a horrible experience.

Not for me. I could easily move back to my old home town. It won't happen but I could do it.

I am sure that there are some in that town that could use a little help.They do not come to mind as a community in great need. If I was wealthy, that town is not an area that would even cross my mind.

Comment

I hated my hometown. I was miserable there, and the happiest day of my life was the day I graduated high school and could tell the small-minded losers there to collectively kiss my ass. Once my parents pass away, I'll never set foot there again. If I won the World Series Of Poker main event, I wouldn't give them a dime, and I wouldn't feel one iota of guilt about it. That community gave nothing positive to me, and I owe them nothing.
            Last edited by senorsheep; 03-21-2011, 12:46 PM.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

yeesh, tell us how you really feel, sheep! :O...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                yeesh, tell us how you really feel, sheep! :O...
                Heh, just illustrating for Mith that not everyone has warm fuzzies about where they grew up. I would cheerfully donate a chunk of my winnings to the community I live in now, because I absolutely love this place.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I'd be more impressed with these "Secret" millionaires, if they weren't doing this on TV. Some secret.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    I hated my hometown. I was miserable there, and the happiest day of my life was the day I graduated high school and could tell the small-minded losers there to collectively kiss my ass. Once my parents pass away, I'll never set foot there again. If I won the World Series Of Poker main event, I wouldn't give them a dime, and I wouldn't feel one iota of guilt about it. That community gave nothing positive to me, and I owe them nothing.
                    You could always just donate to the RJ community.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      Heh, just illustrating for Mith that not everyone has warm fuzzies about where they grew up. I would cheerfully donate a chunk of my winnings to the community I live in now, because I absolutely love this place.
                      I realize that some people feel that way, but Mr. Malinchak was a high school sports star and pretty much fawned over by most of the town. So his experience in his home town certainly wasn't bad..in fact it was pretty damn good.

Comment

I realize that some people feel that way, but Mr. Malinchak was a high school sports star and pretty much fawned over by most of the town. So his experience in his home town certainly wasn't bad..in fact it was pretty damn good.
                        As far as you know.

Comment

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                            As far as you know.
                            i know pretty far....

Comment

i know pretty far....
                              I thought we all agreed to quit using ....

Comment

Working...
                              X