PDA

View Full Version : Fans of the big four professional sports need to wise up!

Mithrandir
03-17-2011, 10:48 AM
It's not the players or the owners..it's the fans who need to look in the mirror.

Stop spending your money on professional sports..tickets, merchandising, TV, etc..

You know how much money i have spent in the last decade on the NFL, NHL, MLB or NBA. ZERO.

Stop giving your money to these chumps.

schlesinj
03-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Do you pay your cable bill monthly?

Hammer
03-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks Mith. I feel so much wiser after reading this post. Perhaps you can give part of your library's copy machine proceeds to help end the lockout.

Stephen
03-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Which chumps would you recommend I give it to then? ;)

Mithrandir
03-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks Mith. I feel so much wiser after reading this post. Perhaps you can give part of your library's copy machine proceeds to help end the lockout.

I don't care if there's any football in 2011. They can stay locked out forever.

Mithrandir
03-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Which chumps would you recommend I give it to then? ;)

Your local public library..duh :) I'm sure those chumps would appreciate it a lot more than professional athletes.

revo
03-17-2011, 11:47 AM
and you're posting this on a Fantasy Sports message board. Oh, the irony!

Mithrandir
03-17-2011, 12:03 PM
and you're posting this on a Fantasy Sports message board. Oh, the irony!

At this point fantasy sports is a way to stay in touch with friends i might never see or talk to otherwise. it's a diversion. If there were no more professional sports..big deal.

nullnor
03-17-2011, 12:19 PM
what if someday the majority of ppl going to college did it for a chance to play professional sports, because it was the only way to attain a middle to upperclass standard of living instead of a poverty one? coming to an alternate universe NEAR you!

sorry i've been watching too much Sliders TV shows lately.

come to think of it. where is Slider, is he here?

Hammer
03-17-2011, 12:19 PM
At this point fantasy sports is a way to get people to like me who normally dont. Its working well huh?.

fixed

senorsheep
03-17-2011, 01:02 PM

Uh oh. Time to check heyelander's premises for a shallow grave...

Mithrandir
03-17-2011, 01:24 PM
fixed

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9D7KMAX-H4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trautdiggity
03-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Imagine how many crappy Canadian rock bands we could afford to go see if we all stopped patronizing professional sports!

I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT!

Lucky
03-17-2011, 02:08 PM
what if someday the majority of ppl going to college did it for a chance to play professional sports, because it was the only way to attain a middle to upperclass standard of living instead of a poverty one? coming to an alternate universe NEAR you!

I think that before that happened they would just drop the pretext of college, and let kids go straight from high school to NFL development leagues. So few of these kids get a real education. Schools would want to hold onto their big sports programs, since they are cash cows.

Fresno Bob
03-17-2011, 02:15 PM
I have no problem paying for entertainment

Mithrandir
03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Imagine how many crappy Canadian rock bands we could afford to go see if we all stopped patronizing professional sports!

I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT!

this many!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Canada

BuckyBuckner
03-17-2011, 02:58 PM
It's not the players or the owners..it's the fans who need to look in the mirror.

Stop spending your money on professional sports..tickets, merchandising, TV, etc..

You know how much money i have spent in the last decade on the NFL, NHL, MLB or NBA. ZERO.

Stop giving your money to these chumps.

Well aren't you the cool kid. I'm shocked you were able to type this post and pat yourself on the back.

Mithrandir
03-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Well aren't you the cool kid. I'm shocked you were able to type this post and pat yourself on the back.

i am multi-talented.

Not only was i patting myself on the back while typing this, i was eating a reuben sandwich in honor of St.Patrick's day and telling some jamoke to pay for his copies...

Catfishkid
03-17-2011, 06:28 PM
I think we should do away with entertainment all together. No more sports, no more music, no more movies, throw out the TV. Burn all fiction books while we are at it (the library could install a couple more copiers in the unused space). There really is no use for toys either. Restuarants should be closed up also, since nobody needs to eat out. I guess we should stop buying different types of cars and SUV's as well. Everyone really only needs a Prius. Think of the money we would save.

I think I could find a hoop and a stick out in the shed for the kids to play with.

Trautdiggity
03-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I think we should do away with entertainment all together. No more sports, no more music, no more movies, throw out the TV. Burn all fiction books while we are at it (the library could install a couple more copiers in the unused space). There really is no use for toys either. Restuarants should be closed up also, since nobody needs to eat out. I guess we should stop buying different types of cars and SUV's as well. Everyone really only needs a Prius. Think of the money we would save.

I think I could find a hoop and a stick out in the shed for the kids to play with.
Where can I buy tickets to watch that?

Mithrandir
03-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Where can I buy tickets to watch that?

tickets start at $900 per.......

Midnight Otter
03-17-2011, 11:06 PM

Uh, uh, uh.....you said NO toys.

Midnight Otter
03-17-2011, 11:09 PM

Does anyone have Slider's e-mail address? maybe give him a shout out?