PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Dead Pool

Fresno Bob
01-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Let's get it going, who is in? Who won the 2010 version?

SeaDogStat
01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
In...

revo
01-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Let's get it going, who is in? Who won the 2010 version?

I believe I won it, as Elizabeth Edwards, Art Linkletter & Simon MacCorkindale all proved to be solid performers.

In!

TranaGreg
01-27-2011, 01:42 PM
hmmmm ... got any proof revo? I'm pretty sure that all 10 from my list kicked the bucket ...

in for 2011

griswold
01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
OOOO, I want to play this year!!!!

Stephen
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
I find dead pools to be absolutely disgusting, vile and in poor taste. Count me in!

netboy47
01-27-2011, 03:16 PM
In to try to regain my title

senorsheep
01-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Innit 2 winnit.

TyWebb004
01-27-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm in

davidgrey
01-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Why not. Never done one, but count me in.

Erik
01-28-2011, 03:03 PM
I am in.

B-Fly
01-28-2011, 03:08 PM
In....

Fresno Bob
01-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok, that's enough bodies to start, let's target Monday, the 31st for a start date. Same rules as before, let's go to 8 picks, and a 2 hour "skip" window. Send PMs if you don't think you'll get on....

I'll create a snakedraft order today or tomorrow.

NakedRicci
01-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Ok, that's enough bodies to start, let's target Monday, the 31st for a start date. Same rules as before, let's go to 8 picks, and a 2 hour "skip" window. Send PMs if you don't think you'll get on....

I'll create a snakedraft order today or tomorrow.

Poke, poke, poke...Hey... got room in the Dead Pool for the resident goth? :D

Don Quixote
01-28-2011, 11:26 PM
If you need another person, or if someone drops out, let me know. I'm well known as the Giver Of Life.

hacko
01-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Same as DQ - I'll play if allowed

Fresno Bob
01-29-2011, 06:07 PM
All of you are in, I'll deal with this on monday.....

Fresno Bob
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
there is a deadpool draft thread, use that one for your picks, this one for commentary. Griswold, nakedricci and senorsheep are #1, #2 and 3....

make sure you've got PM's turned on, so people can ping you

Erik
01-31-2011, 03:11 PM
FB, I am going to send you picks because I'll be unavailable for most of the rest of the day.

griswold
01-31-2011, 03:37 PM
I picked Charlie Sheen....to me...he's the best value out there....semi-young, drug addict, sex fiend.....etc.

The Grim Reaper is just a mere innocent bystander at this point...taking notes for future "clients". :)

Fresno Bob
01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
got them

NakedRicci
01-31-2011, 04:13 PM
There were some more feebled picks out there, but Fergie at 59 was a big potential score. Who knew the Toto could come back and be usefull in the new millenium?

revo
01-31-2011, 04:14 PM
There were some more feebled picks out there, but Fergie at 59 was a big potential score. Who knew the Toto could come back and be usefull in the new millenium?

It only took two picks for me to not have a clue who someone was.

NakedRicci
01-31-2011, 04:22 PM
It only took two picks for me to not have a clue who someone was.

LOL he was the lead singer of TOTO after everyone forgot about them (which was shortly after "Africa" was released). He was also damn-near the lead singer for Survivor.

SeaDogStat
01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
LOL he was the lead singer of TOTO after everyone forgot about them (which was shortly after "Africa" was released). He was also damn-near the lead singer for Survivor.

Ironic that you now hope he is damn near survivor for 2011... ;)

Fresno Bob
01-31-2011, 05:02 PM
sheep hasn't accepted PMs, so if someone knows how to ping him, I'd appreciate it...

heyelander
01-31-2011, 05:16 PM
sheep hasn't accepted PMs, so if someone knows how to ping him, I'd appreciate it...

you could try eHarmony.

NakedRicci
01-31-2011, 05:17 PM

I don't know about laws in your area FB, but it's now illegal in Indiana to ping sheep. :p

Erik
01-31-2011, 09:24 PM
FB, I am going to send you picks because I'll be unavailable for most of the rest of the day.

I'm back, and apparently I didn't miss much.

revo
01-31-2011, 10:43 PM
do I skip already?

Erik
02-01-2011, 09:42 AM
There was first-round skipping last year, so we don't have a rule against that.

Fresno Bob
02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
yep revo, you can skip senorsheep.....

Erik
02-01-2011, 02:19 PM
A crappy singer, most notably from the latter days of Toto, with inoperable cancer.

Who you'd think would still be there a few rounds later.

Fresno Bob
02-01-2011, 02:24 PM
NR really likes Toto....

senorsheep
02-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, NR's pick was weak. Ronnie Biggs weak. C'mon guys, they gotta be famous for something other than being on dead pool lists.

Fresno Bob
02-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Who the F is that guy that got picked second? Lemme guess, he's terminally ill with something or other....

pick!

Erik
02-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Gris didn't post a picture to go with his Charlie Sheen pick. Here's one he could use.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40637000/jpg/_40637842_richard_rileybag203.jpg

Cobain's Ghost
02-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I believe I won it, as Elizabeth Edwards, Art Linkletter & Simon MacCorkindale all proved to be solid performers.

In!

i think victory was mine, courtesy of merlin olsen, gary coleman, and blake edwards.

i'm not playing this year, though. good luck, ghouls!

NakedRicci
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
eh.. he's fairly young and has a fair chance of being not finishing the year living, so as points are the goal of this exercise I don't see it as a weak pick. :)

NakedRicci
02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah, NR's pick was weak. Ronnie Biggs weak. C'mon guys, they gotta be famous for something other than being on dead pool lists.

Okay, to be fair both Biggs and Fergie are famous for other reasons. Might be why they've popped up in the news recently, but they were famous for other things.

senorsheep
02-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Okay, to be fair both Biggs and Fergie are famous for other reasons. Might be why they've popped up in the news recently, but they were famous for other things.

I worked in the music biz for eight years and never once heard of that Fergie guy. He's an anonymous session musician. If I were running this thing, I'd disqualify that pick in a heartbeat. :shrug:

griswold
02-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Gris didn't post a picture to go with his Charlie Sheen pick. Here's one he could use.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40637000/jpg/_40637842_richard_rileybag203.jpg

Ok, I fixed my pick...added the WILD THING pic.

NakedRicci
02-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I worked in the music biz for eight years and never once heard of that Fergie guy. He's an anonymous session musician. If I were running this thing, I'd disqualify that pick in a heartbeat. :shrug:

Well, he's lead singer on two albums I own. He was lead singer on 3 chartings songs. When he dies it will be reported, and he was known for something before he got old/sick. He qualifies by the rules stated. And your "I worked in the music biz for 8 years" comment is just ridiculous. I've worked in publishing for almost 15 years and there's a good chance I might not know an author who hit the best seller list 3 times in the mid-80s. Just because you wouldn't make the same pick sheep doesn't make it a bad pick. Hell if you don't like the pick, be happy I wasted my pick so you could get the person you wanted. Otherwise, really... piss off and get on with your life and the draft. I stepped away from RJ for a while in part because there was a bit too much self-important jackassery about and it made it less socially pleasing. I decided to come back and pick up some of the social parts of this community I enjoyed and which became a valued release for me over the years. It's a goofy waste of time draft with no $ at stake and no real purpose. Is there any real reason for being a jerk about it?

B-Fly
02-01-2011, 04:16 PM
It's a goofy waste of time draft with no $ at stake and no real purpose. Is there any real reason for being a jerk about it?

Birds gotta fly; fish gotta swim. :)

Fresno Bob
02-01-2011, 04:23 PM
NR's pick is fine, move along....

Bob Kohm
02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
DO NOT make NR go all Zombie Killing Madman on your ass ;)

It's a damned fine thing to have you back, NR.

griswold
02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I agree with the guy with the nails in his bat and the Nazi helmet on!

senorsheep
02-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Well, he's lead singer on two albums I own. He was lead singer on 3 chartings songs. When he dies it will be reported, and he was known for something before he got old/sick. He qualifies by the rules stated. And your "I worked in the music biz for 8 years" comment is just ridiculous. I've worked in publishing for almost 15 years and there's a good chance I might not know an author who hit the best seller list 3 times in the mid-80s. Just because you wouldn't make the same pick sheep doesn't make it a bad pick. Hell if you don't like the pick, be happy I wasted my pick so you could get the person you wanted. Otherwise, really... piss off and get on with your life and the draft. I stepped away from RJ for a while in part because there was a bit too much self-important jackassery about and it made it less socially pleasing. I decided to come back and pick up some of the social parts of this community I enjoyed and which became a valued release for me over the years. It's a goofy waste of time draft with no $ at stake and no real purpose. Is there any real reason for being a jerk about it?

LMAO - stressed much?

I just stated the majority opinion. Whatever. It's not like it's the first time you've been challenged on your marginal Ronnie Briggs-style picks.

In closing, if anyone in this draft besides you can name a chart single by what's-his-face without looking it up, I'll eat my shoe.

Fresno Bob
02-01-2011, 04:55 PM
LMAO - stressed much?

I just stated the majority opinion. You make a marginal Ronnie Biggs kind of pick every year, we all tell you we think it doesn't fit the spirit of the draft every year, and you make the same type of picks again and again anyway. Your concept of "famous" is obviously at odds with everyone else's. Whatever. If you don't like people commenting on it, maybe you should make some kind of attempt to check your rebel Gothitude at the door and play by the same rules everyone else is.

And if anyone in this draft besides you can name a chart single by what's-his-face without looking it up, I'll eat my shoe.

you are welcome to resign in protest and I'll give you a full refund!

senorsheep
02-01-2011, 05:01 PM
you are welcome to resign in protest and I'll give you a full refund!

LOL. If I gave a rip about protesting, I'd be more creative than that. I could just start Googling every MLB player born before 1925, for instance. Whatevs. You started the pool this year, so if you're OK with it, then on we go.

heyelander
02-01-2011, 05:24 PM
LOL. If I gave a rip about protesting, I'd be more creative than that. I could just start Googling every MLB player born before 1925, for instance. Whatevs. You started the pool this year, so if you're OK with it, then on we go.

if that's "getting the horns" then I am unimpressed. :shakingheadsmileythatnolongerexists:

senorsheep
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
if that's "getting the horns" then I am unimpressed. :shakingheadsmileythatnolongerexists:

I gave him a break. He's obviously feeling vulnerable today.

NakedRicci
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
LMAO - stressed much?

I just stated the majority opinion. You make a marginal Ronnie Biggs kind of pick every year, we all tell you we think it doesn't fit the spirit of the draft every year, and you make the same type of picks again and again anyway. Your concept of "famous" is obviously at odds with everyone else's. Whatever. If you don't like people commenting on it, maybe you should make some kind of attempt to check your rebel Gothitude at the door and play by the same rules everyone else is.

And if anyone in this draft besides you can name a chart single by what's-his-face without looking it up, I'll eat my shoe.

Yes, as a rule I DO stress much.

it's the people at the draft/auction every year who go $4 on a guy to crickets in the room that move to the front of the pack because they took a shot on an unknown high-upside player that others were disregarding. People laughed at my $2 Uribe last year. I walked away with another title.

Sorry my definitions in life don't meet your approval Sheep, but I'm really fine with that. And as was stated, my pick(s) fit the rules of the game. I am playing by the same rules. It's not like Toto, or LeRoux are unheard of bands. They charted on Billboard with Fergie singing. Just because he doesn't have the last name of Hagar, or Collins, or Rose, or BonJovi doesn't mean he didn't play a role in music that earned him some mainstream fame. It's not like he's a bassist for Suzy Smith's Barbreaker Band or something. And you hype on Biggs... I'll argue he's a more important/famous commodity in the annals of crime history than all of the "famous" terrorists from the middle east that were starting to get pulled out of the interwebs. Nobody would have an issue if someone pulled the leader of the Gambino family even though nobody out of the East Coast would have much of a concern with him. Biggs orchestrated one of the most impressive crimes in modern times. And still being alive he was honored (and fankly this cracks me up) at a banquet this year for his lifetime of work in the crime industry.

And my "rebel gothdom"? WTH? lol I showed no rebellion. I dont' attempt to buck any systems around here. I mentioned being the resident goth in my initial post because frankly people have always found it funny that a goth is on a fantasy baseball board. I was all fun and games and attitude-free in a silly little game until the sheep started bleating.

And I think there was a comment on not pulling names off a list... wow... it's a draft. Do you not spend 1/2 of your winter/spring going over draft prep lists? lol Nobody is going to just sit back and just randomly pull famous names out of a hat. Jeff Probst or Brad Pitt, they're famous... no reason to think they might die so they're not quality picks. Mary Travers a few years back... she's not Pitt famous, but hell, he might die. That's the name of the game sheep. :)

Stephen
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
In closing, if anyone in this draft besides you can name a chart single by what's-his-face without looking it up, I'll eat my shoe.

Afrika

Want some ketchup with that Nike?

senorsheep
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Yes, as a rule I DO stress much.

it's the people at the draft/auction every year who go $4 on a guy to crickets in the room that move to the front of the pack because they took a shot on an unknown high-upside player that others were disregarding. People laughed at my $2 Uribe last year. I walked away with another title.

Sorry my definitions in life don't meet your approval Sheep, but I'm really fine with that. And as was stated, my pick(s) fit the rules of the game. I am playing by the same rules. It's not like Toto, or LeRoux are unheard of bands. They charted on Billboard with Fergie singing. Just because he doesn't have the last name of Hagar, or Collins, or Rose, or BonJovi doesn't mean he didn't play a role in music that earned him some mainstream fame. It's not like he's a bassist for Suzy Smith's Barbreaker Band or something. And you hype on Biggs... I'll argue he's a more important/famous commodity in the annals of crime history than all of the "famous" terrorists from the middle east that were starting to get pulled out of the interwebs. Nobody would have an issue if someone pulled the leader of the Gambino family even though nobody out of the East Coast would have much of a concern with him. Biggs orchestrated one of the most impressive crimes in modern times. And still being alive he was honored (and fankly this cracks me up) at a banquet this year for his lifetime of work in the crime industry.

And my "rebel gothdom"? WTH? lol I showed no rebellion. I dont' attempt to buck any systems around here. I mentioned being the resident goth in my initial post because frankly people have always found it funny that a goth is on a fantasy baseball board. I was all fun and games and attitude-free in a silly little game until the sheep started bleating.

And I think there was a comment on not pulling names off a list... wow... it's a draft. Do you not spend 1/2 of your winter/spring going over draft prep lists? lol Nobody is going to just sit back and just randomly pull famous names out of a hat. Jeff Probst or Brad Pitt, they're famous... no reason to think they might die so they're not quality picks. Mary Travers a few years back... she's not Pitt famous, but hell, he might die. That's the name of the game sheep. :)

As a gesture of friendship, and in the interest of not sending you to your local hospital with a heart attack, I will choose not to logically dissect this nonsense. :)

Carry on!

senorsheep
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Afrika

Want some ketchup with that Nike?

LOL. Huge fail. The anonymous session singer in question hooked up with Toto after Bobby Kimball, the lead vocalist on Africa (spelling corrected) and every other Toto hit known to the general public, left the band.

Could switching to GEICO really save you 15 percent or more on car insurance? Is challenging senorsheep on music trivia a bad idea? ;)

Erik
02-01-2011, 06:19 PM
DQ, you can always be counted on for a few "World Leaders That Suck" picks in this draft.

You just gotta hope that the mobs don't get to him before this draft is over.

Stephen
02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I stand corrected.

You're in rare form the past couple of days SS. I don't recall seeing this much self importance in the past.

As for my pick - I'm surprised Winehouse dropped this far. It's like Pujols coming off TJ or something.

Erik
02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm surprised Winehouse dropped this far. It's like Pujols coming off TJ or something.

There comes a point where you've been expecting someone to kick for so long that eventually they seem indestructible. See also that dude from Cuba.

senorsheep
02-01-2011, 06:55 PM
You're in rare form the past couple of days SS. I don't recall seeing this much self importance in the past.

Self-important about a dead pool draft? Nah - check the smiley. Bickering over "How famous is famous enough?" happens every year. I have fun snarking about it, but I don't lose any sleep over it. My dumb stiffs never actually die, anyway, so what do I care?

revo
02-01-2011, 07:30 PM
damn, I was hoping Kenickie would slide. Now, with news Zsa Zsa is back in the hospital, I hope I didn't fudge my 1st round pick!

Bob Kohm
02-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Without looking it up, what band was Dimebag Darrell of Pantera fame playing for when he was shot to death on stage?

The Jackson Five. Next?

Erik
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Dammit, Netboy, you grabbed two of my top five.

netboy47
02-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Sorry :p

netboy47
02-01-2011, 09:26 PM
damn, I was hoping Kenickie would slide. Now, with news Zsa Zsa is back in the hospital, I hope I didn't fudge my 1st round pick!

There is almost no chance that Zsa Zsa will survive until the end of this draft:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41373613/ns/today-entertainment/

Erik
02-01-2011, 10:12 PM
There is almost no chance that Zsa Zsa will survive

That's what they were saying in August.

NakedRicci
02-02-2011, 12:11 AM
That's what they were saying in August.

She was almost a sure score when I took her 4 years ago.

revo
02-02-2011, 01:35 AM
There is almost no chance that Zsa Zsa will survive until the end of this draft:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41373613/ns/today-entertainment/

Then PICK!!!!!

Erik
02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
No points for someone who dies during the draft, right?

Correct. 0 points and immediate repick.

netboy47
02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
What's the delay today?

TranaGreg
02-02-2011, 03:29 PM
guys, I'm gonna have to pass on the pool this year; too much going on right now ... save a spot for me next year tho.

Erik
02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
What's the delay today?

Certain chunks of the country are without power thanks to the megastorm. Perhaps DQ is in one of them.

revo
02-03-2011, 11:22 AM
c'mon let's get this thing moving before my team captain peters out!

SeaDogStat
02-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Sorry...never made it on...snow plowing and snowblowing all day either at work or home... Pick is up

Sent a PM to TyWebb

Erik
02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Our commish has been up for a while.

B-Fly
02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Egad, I'm not clicking on the draft thread again until it moves to a new page. That Al Davis picture makes me ill.

NakedRicci
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Egad, I'm not clicking on the draft thread again until it moves to a new page. That Al Davis picture makes me ill.

I'll take Davis over looking at Winehouse any day.

davidgrey
02-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I'll take Davis over looking at Winehouse any day.

I was going to mess with you and add a Winehouse pic here. But I just could not bring myself to actually go out and find pictures of her. Plus I was afraid it could really ruin my sex life. LOL

NakedRicci
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
what a nightmare.

NakedRicci
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Has anyone PM'd Sheep? It's 2hours+.

davidgrey
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
No!!!! I'm blind. I think it went back inside. Not good. Lets try to fix this.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/Mitch4589/keeley_hazell_newfhm_1_2.jpg

That helped. Disaster averted!

NakedRicci
02-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Waited an extra 1 1/2 hours for a Sheep pick and then skipped. A Penny saved is points unearned!

griswold
02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
I love Ali.....but at some point....the sting gets him

And let's be honest.....Lohan has HUGE.........value being only 24 yrs old.... :P

NakedRicci
02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I thought about Lohan, but she might be passed the death line and quickly fallen into the "pickled" category that has kept people like Keith Richards and Iggy Pop alive for decades.

Sheep is up for 2 picks... but I don't know if he was skipped for the first one if we just move on to pick 3.04 at this point.

davidgrey
02-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I was hoping to get Ali in the 3rd round and Lohan probably in the 4th or 5th round. She has huge upside.

To help with that darn Winehouse-itis (Since I don't think a Tetanus shot will cut it).

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/Gothicfairey/lindsay_lohan_jpg.jpg

griswold
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I wanted to post a hot pic like this of Lindsay.....because I was infactuated with her when she was young and hot!!!!

But I couldn't do it.....thanks for the pic though David. Much appreciated.

Erik
02-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I PM'ed Revo with a reminder that he's been on the clock since yesterday afternoon. If he does not pick in two hours, I will.

Fresno Bob
02-07-2011, 12:21 AM
sorry for the delay guys, I was supposed to have wireless access in Tahoe, but had nothing...

NakedRicci
02-07-2011, 11:17 AM
So, who's on the clock now?

Erik
02-07-2011, 12:08 PM
El D, who's way out west.

Erik
02-07-2011, 04:21 PM
3.10 Nick Bockwinkel

Yep, when I haven't heard of a pick, usually it's a wrestler.

NakedRicci
02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Yep, when I haven't heard of a pick, usually it's a wrestler.

Yep, with that name I actually thought it was a joke pick. Seriously, that's a real person?

Erik
02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Quaid is an excellent pick. Guy has gone totally off the rails.

NakedRicci
02-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Quaid is an excellent pick. Guy has gone totally off the rails.

I agree. A total darkhorse quality pick. 10 bonus points if he's found dead under a viaduct somewhere. 15 bonus if he's found in Canada. ;)

Stephen
02-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys. I felt like I was getting good value late in round 3 with Quaid.

senorsheep
02-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys. I felt like I was getting good value late in round 3 with Quaid.

Whoa! I had no idea this was even going on. Bizarre... and nice pick.

Linky: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/randy-quaid-wife-evi-hollywood-refugees-exclusive-interview/story?id=12020421

Randy and Evi Quaid opened up today about their increasingly bizarre behavior, saying they fled to Canada to escape a Hollywood-focused mafia that has stalked them, bugged their phones and hacked into their computers.

"We are refugees … we are Hollywood refugees," Evi Quaid told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview. They are "seeking to be left alone by the criminals in America."

The couple have accused a mysterious Hollywood cult they call the "Star Whackers" of attempting to kill them for their money. They also attribute the deaths of celebrities such as Heath Ledger, David Carradine and Chris Penn to the "Star Whackers" and said the listed causes of death -- drug overdose for Ledger and accidental asphyxiation for Carradine -- were "flat out fraud."

revo
02-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Yep, with that name I actually thought it was a joke pick. Seriously, that's a real person?

Wow, never heard of Nick Bockwinkel, who was AWA champ for like 10 years in the 70s and 80s, but you know the backup singer for Toto? :biggrin:

Stephen
02-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Can we select the poor horse that is getting beaten to death as a result of NRs pick? ;)

heyelander
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Can we select the poor horse that is getting beaten to death as a result of NRs pick? ;)

sorry, already died during the draft. No points.

Erik
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I had no idea the Fridge had deteriorated so badly. This piece is seriously depressing:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6091766

Fresno Bob
02-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Hacko, Stephen and DQ, you should be thinking about picks as we haven't moved since 11am pacific today.....

hacko
02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
hacko, stephen and dq, you should be thinking about picks as we haven't moved since 11am pacific today.....

made my picks - feel free to jump over me when i come up - i will catch up when i get on at night

revo
02-08-2011, 07:56 PM
made my picks - feel free to jump over me when i come up - i will catch up when i get on at night

OK, one was taken already......

hacko
02-08-2011, 08:34 PM
repicked

Erik
02-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Remember folks, the best way to keep this moving is to send a private message to the next guy up once you've made your pick. I just PM'ed DQ.

NakedRicci
02-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow, never heard of Nick Bockwinkel, who was AWA champ for like 10 years in the 70s and 80s, but you know the backup singer for Toto? :biggrin:

maybe if Bockwinkel had sung on one of my LPs from high school, I'd have known him. :p

Fresno Bob
02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
seadogstat gets skipped, tranagreg should go while TyWebb and b-fly get picks ready....

schlesinj
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
The Fridge
Check out the video (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6091766)

Fresno Bob
02-09-2011, 06:28 PM
TyWebb go......B-Fly on deck

Erik
02-09-2011, 06:58 PM
seadogstat gets skipped, tranagreg should go while TyWebb and b-fly get picks ready....

Tranagreg dropped out, remember?

Fresno Bob
02-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Tranagreg dropped out, remember?

nope forgot, then B-Fly should be able to go......davidgrey and ElDiablo get ready....I've sent picks to Revo

SeaDogStat
02-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Sorry...busy at work....wtf?!? Couldn't even get on RJ, much less watch my movies...that was a hellish 3 days...ok, back to normal now.

Brought in 3 movies (Taking Chance, Idiocracy, Public Enemies) should be a good work day ;)

3rd and 4th rd picks have been posted...

davidgrey
02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Sorry...busy at work....wtf?!? Couldn't even get on RJ, much less watch my movies...that was a hellish 3 days...ok, back to normal now.

Brought in 3 movies (Taking Chance, Idiocracy, Public Enemies) should be a good work day ;)

3rd and 4th rd picks have been posted...

Try that 3rd rounder again bro. He was my 1st rounder.

SeaDogStat
02-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Try that 3rd rounder again bro. He was my 1st rounder.

Reach... ;)

Took former #1 Artie Lange

senorsheep
02-10-2011, 11:54 AM
There really needs to be a list of who's taken to stop this re-picking madness!!!

Easy solution - use the Search Thread function before posting your pick.

SeaDogStat
02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Easy solution - use the Search Thread function before posting your pick.

What peeples can't spell n sh1t? Or drink aprciot soj9u ;)

Erik
02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Uh, revo, you skipped me, but you didn't take who I wanted so no foul.

Erik
02-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Sheep has either disabled his PM box or it is full, so if anyone knows another way to tell him it's his pick, feel free.

billbuckner
02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Sheep PMed me his pick. He's taking Randy Velarde

senorsheep
02-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Remember folks, the best way to keep this moving is to send a private message to the next guy up once you've made your pick. I just PM'ed DQ.

Easy solution - subscribe to the thread and receive e-mail notifications whenever there's an update.

NakedRicci
02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
well, HELL.... I should've skipped the Gris.... I can't believe you managed to take 2 of my next 3 picks... Ballesteros was all highlighted at my 5th rounder. :( Now to upgrade my 7th rounder.

griswold
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
well, HELL.... I should've skipped the Gris.... I can't believe you managed to take 2 of my next 3 picks... Ballesteros was all highlighted at my 5th rounder. :( Now to upgrade my 7th rounder.

Sorry NR!

But, hey at least you got to take another rocker!

Basically, if your draft stays true, the entire classic rock world will be gone! :)

NakedRicci
02-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Sorry NR!

But, hey at least you got to take another rocker!

Basically, if your draft stays true, the entire classic rock world will be gone! :)

I'm looking to build a band for the afterlife. I've got a lead singer, a bassist, and a nice strong female voice for that surprising duet. Now checking out drummers and guitarists.

Wonder if Maggie T. plays an instrument.

Fresno Bob
02-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I've sent picks to DQ as I'll be offline for the next 3 hours or so....

Erik
02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I was thinking about Karl. Might have taken him if he was still there at my pick in Round 6.

And DQ with another World Leader That Sucks! (TM)

hacko
02-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Sent my next pick to Fresno

Erik
02-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Gris needs to repick. Hefner was taken in round 4.

griswold
02-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Gris needs to repick. Hefner was taken in round 4.

Repicked with Osama Bin Laden! 2011 is the year he is found and destroyed!!!! MMMWAHHAAAAAA!!!

:flame:

Erik
02-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Repicked with Osama Bin Laden! 2011 is the year he is found and destroyed!!!! MMMWAHHAAAAAA!!!

:flame:

Definitely rooting for this. But if he dies of natural causes or is killed by one of his own instead, that might be difficult to verify, which is why I avoid him in these things.

senorsheep
02-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Zsa Zsa's proving to be a tough old bird. Who'd-a-thunk-it?

griswold
02-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Definitely rooting for this. But if he dies of natural causes or is killed by one of his own instead, that might be difficult to verify, which is why I avoid him in these things.

Yeah, I thought about that....for all we know he could have been dead for 3 years.

SeaDogStat
02-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Zsa Zsa's proving to be a tough old bird. Who'd-a-thunk-it?

It's still early...

senorsheep
02-18-2011, 01:15 PM
F*ck it, I'm picking him.

7th Rounder - Ronnie Biggs

LOL. Hypocrite! I hope nakedricci never lets you hear the end of this... :D

NakedRicci
02-18-2011, 01:58 PM
LOL. Hypocrite! I hope nakedricci never lets you hear the end of this... :D

All just part of his master plan, orchestrated to this end from the very start.

Little known fact, he was almost the backup bassist for Foghat.

Erik
02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Everyone in the UK knows who Ronnie Biggs is, and anyone in the US who knows the Sex Pistols should know who Ronnie Biggs is. I wasn't participating when he was disqualified, but if I were, I would have loudly protested that decision.

NakedRicci
02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Everyone in the UK knows who Ronnie Biggs is, and anyone in the US who knows the Sex Pistols should know who Ronnie Biggs is. I wasn't participating when he was disqualified, but if I were, I would have loudly protested that decision.

He wasn't DQd when I took him several years ago. There was just whining about his lack of "celebrity". His connection to the Pistols and masterminding one of the greatest criminal heists in the UK's history seemed convincing enough to me.

senorsheep
02-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Ronnie Biggs is the Burt Blyleven of celebrity dead pools... :argue:

Erik
02-18-2011, 03:34 PM
And Fergie Frederikson is the Rick Ferrell of celebrity dead pools.

Fresno Bob
02-19-2011, 11:04 PM
not to abe vagoda him or anything, but I was sure that Jim Otto was dead...

Fresno Bob
02-21-2011, 12:34 PM
no movement since saturday means that everyone has had time to be skipped. I'm declaring a free for all on last picks, go ahead and finish off your rosters.

Fresno Bob
02-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Are we doing 10 rounds?

no, just 8.....

netboy47
02-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Let's get this thing going. Gadhafi just said he would "die as a martyr"...I need him to wait until this draft is over!

Fresno Bob
02-22-2011, 06:08 PM
The draft will end 8pm Pacific on the 23rd. Bring out your dead to the new roster/scoring thread I'm about to start.

griswold
02-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for handling this Fresno!

I love the team names....fantastic!

netboy47
02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
The draft will end 8pm Pacific on the 23rd. Bring out your dead to the new roster/scoring thread I'm about to start.

We're just waiting on DQ's last two picks. He PM'd me last night and it sounded like he was in tax-season hell. Hopefully, he'll make his picks tonight so we can let the dying begin!

Erik
02-25-2011, 06:46 PM
DQ just told me that he will make his final picks tonight.

NakedRicci
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
was anyone else hoping they had medics on hand durning Kirk Douglas's Oscar speech last night?

Fresno Bob
02-28-2011, 02:25 PM
was anyone else hoping they had medics on hand durning Kirk Douglas's Oscar speech last night?

not me, I said....."oooooh, that was a good pick!"

NakedRicci
03-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Let's get this party started!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tvONxYIPO80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

onejayhawk
06-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I cant believe no one took Dr Death.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43265235/ns/us_news-life

J

Fresno Bob
06-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I cant believe no one took Dr Death.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43265235/ns/us_news-life

J

yep, he was a regular pick in the past...