X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill comes due for Knicks fans

http://www.newyorkpost.com/p/sports/...xfIR0hsjOkmUqK

they got some big hairy ones.....
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

I have a difficult time feeling sympathetic outrage for people who were spending 30k a year on basketball tickets.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I have a difficult time feeling sympathetic outrage for people who were spending 30k a year on basketball tickets.
      right, as long as theyre trying to rob people who might be able to afford it, its okay.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

what's the problem? You want your team to have big time stars..you pay the price.

Stoudemire and the other big stars gotta eat, ya know...
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          right, as long as they're trying to rob people who might be able to afford it, its okay.
          who is being robbed here? Some people apparently have to move back a section.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

right, as long as theyre trying to rob people who might be able to afford it, its okay.
            As near as I can tell, this is voluntary. If you dont want to pony the price, you can keep your money. I would say that leaves out robbery.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              As near as I can tell, this is voluntary. If you dont want to pony the price, you can keep your money. I would say that leaves out robbery.

J
              you mean the front office isnt coming to the fans' houses with guns? My bad.

Comment

you mean the front office isnt coming to the fans' houses with guns? My bad.
                you are not seriously criticizing the Knicks for raising tickets prices-- are you???
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  you are not seriously criticizing the Knicks for raising tickets prices-- are you???
                  of course I am. Can they win something first? raising some tickets as much as 197% is thievery plain and simple.

Comment

of course I am. Can they win something first? raising some tickets as much as 197% is thievery plain and simple.
                    it's not about winning..it's about having to pay the big dogs...you want Amare, you pay for Amare..it's that simple.

Comment

it's not about winning..it's about having to pay the big dogs...you want Amare, you pay for Amare..it's that simple.
                      But when you have a salary cap their budget doesn't go up. They are paying Amare now but they didn't raise the prices when they were paying Eddy Currie.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        But when you have a salary cap their budget doesn't go up. They are paying Amare now but they didn't raise the prices when they were paying Eddy Currie.
                        correct and how exactly did their bottom line go up when they were up against the cap before and are still up against it?

Comment

Anybody else get a chuckle when the proponents of the free market solution when it comes to workers get their panties in a bunch when it applies to the things they want, too? Aww, the owners of your already luxury-priced basketball tix are testing the market to see what it will bear? Cry me a river until you agree that ExxonMobil, Cargill, ArcherDanielsMidland and the others that produce things necessary for everyone to buy shouldn't be allowed to do that with impunity either, otherwise I just don't care. When you agree that Safeway and Kroger have to share their excessive profits with "small markets" then the ranting about baseball revenue sharing might not make me laugh my ass off when erstwhile capitalists in minor cities scream for it. When you stop bitching about paying a fair tax on your excessive income, then you can try again to suggest that a clearly punitive "luxury tax" is reasonable without people stifling laughter in your presence. Until you make your reality align with your fantasy world, though... not so interested in hearing what you have to say on the matter. Sorry.
                          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            The salary cap occured to me after i posted. But if the Knicks can sell all their tickets at a higher rate, shouldn't they do that. Wouldn't you if you owned a team?
                            Last edited by Mithrandir; 03-16-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The salary cap occured to me after i posted. But if the Knicks can sell all their tickets at a higher rate, shouldn't they do that. Wouldn't you if you owned a team?
                              Yes, I understand the fact the fact that prices will go up. But did you see the example, $330 ticket goes up to $900. To say that's excessive seems like an understatement to me.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X