NYC'ers -- advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC'ers -- advice

Flying into LGA on Friday and staying in Gramercy. Is there a common sense way of getting from A to B on the public transportation or should I just arrange the SuperShuttle?

Staying at 24th and 3rd.

BTW, get your asses down to Foley's on Friday night for the Tout Wars party

shuttle from LGA is the way to go.

Perhaps I will make a cameo Friday night.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Flying into LGA on Friday and staying in Gramercy. Is there a common sense way of getting from A to B on the public transportation or should I just arrange the SuperShuttle?

Staying at 24th and 3rd.

BTW, get your asses down to Foley's on Friday night for the Tout Wars party
      Common sense can be a relative term when discussing public transportation between a NYer and an out-of-towner. Your best option if you don't want to pay the shuttle would be a bus from LGA (I can get the info if you want it) that goes across the RFK (formerly triborough) bridge and goes along 125th St. Get off at Lexington and get on the 4 or 6 train to 23rd st. Not sure how much the shuttle costs but a taxi is (I believe) $45 anywhere in Manhattan

Comment

I did a Supershuttle for $19 including tax and tip

I hope you all can make it down on Friday - it will be good times. We closed the place out last year

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          I did a Supershuttle for $19 including tax and tip

I hope you all can make it down on Friday - it will be good times. We closed the place out last year
          And as an added bonus, my fiancee will be joining for at least a few minutes so there's a guarantee that it won't be a complete sausage fest.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
            And as an added bonus, my fiancee will be joining for at least a few minutes so there's a guarantee that it won't be a complete sausage fest.
            ok Seth, I will shower before I come by.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Hmm, I am off Friday and it is supposed to be ... wait for it - 72 degrees!

Why would I not go to this?
              Is it just a party or is the draft held as well? Do you drink and draft or something?
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                Hmm, I am off Friday and it is supposed to be ... wait for it - 72 degrees!

Why would I not go to this?
                Is it just a party or is the draft held as well? Do you drink and draft or something?
                Just a gathering of all the participants. We just sit around and chat baseball until they kick us out of the place.

Last year, there were 10 local guys that were holding a draft in the back of the room that recognized a couple of us from their magazines they were holding.

Comment

I work too hard - think I need to do this.

Who else is in?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Who else is in?
                    I work too hard too... in fact I'm working Friday night so I'm out

Comment

Who else is in?
                      I'll be there. MJ promised me a beer. At least, that's the way I heard it.

Comment

Did he say if he'd pay for it?

And I'm due to reunite with a guy who was reading me since he was a kid and is now a married man.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Did he say if he'd pay for it?

And I'm due to reunite with a guy who was reading me since he was a kid and is now a married man.

Don't frown - the wedding is not for another two months.

Comment

my company just moved offices and is having a Client Appreciation party Friday night. And gets who has to work until 7pm now? This guy.

Comment

My draft is Fri night. I may be able to do a quick pop-in. What time is the meetup?
                              I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X