China update--March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China update--March

I thought I'd check in with a China update. I've been continuing to work at the school and that is pretty much the same as you would expect working at an American school (same hours, work level, etc). My Chinese language acquisition continues to improve, but there are days where I feel I take one step forward and two steps back. Now that it is finally starting to warm up, I hope to do more traveling this spring. During our spring break (first week in April) a group of us are taking a river cruise along the Yangtze River near the Three Gorges Dam. They say it is beautiful scenery and I can't wait to see it. I also plan to head down to Xi'an and see the Terra Cotta warriors which has been a must see for me since I arrived. I also want to take a day trip to Beijing and see the Summer Palace which we missed on our first trip there in September. I haven't been able to use FB lately which hurts keeping in touch with people at home. Speaking of home, I will be coming back to the US on June 29. I will be spending most of my time in TN with the in-laws and maybe staying near Gatlinburg for a few days. But we will head down to Florida to visit friends and my family for a few days after July 4. I am really looking forward to taking a break in the States.
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!
Working...
X