Worst NBA trade deadline day ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst NBA trade deadline day ever?

When JJ Redick is the most exciting name to change teams on deadline day, you know it's a bad year.

A bit of a vacuum but I agree. The Gay deal happened early.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
      A bit of a vacuum but I agree. The Gay deal happened early.
      Although that deal was terrible, too. As a fan of the NBA, the kind of trade I'm excited to see in mid-season is one where a team that is on the cusp of being ready to contend for a title adds a piece that legitimately puts them in the title hunt. What you don't want to see is where a team that is on the cusp of being ready to contend for a title trades one of their best players away to a lottery team for purely financial reasons.

Comment

As a fan of that lottery team, and prior to last night they had won 6 of 9 with Gay in the lineup, I like the deal!

That being said, trading Davis sucks (and he is now seeing no minutes in Memphis) and the Raps have to find a way (unlikely) to get rid of Bargnani and Derozan. They'll be lucky to sniff the 8th seed for the next 3-5 years.

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        Although that deal was terrible, too. As a fan of the NBA, the kind of trade I'm excited to see in mid-season is one where a team that is on the cusp of being ready to contend for a title adds a piece that legitimately puts them in the title hunt. What you don't want to see is where a team that is on the cusp of being ready to contend for a title trades one of their best players away to a lottery team for purely financial reasons.

Comment

The Maloofs are giving Loria a run for his money for the worst owner in pro sports. The deal they made was reprehensible.

Comment

Working...
          X