Tiki Barber to Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiki Barber to Return?

Tiki Barber has filed the paperwork to officially come out of retirement.
    Barber hasn't played since walking away from the Giants after racking up 2,127 total yards in his age-31 season of 2006. Returning to the NFL after four seasons away is unprecedented for a player of Tiki's age. The closest comp may be Ricky Williams, who missed 2004, 2006 and all but one game of 2007 before returning in 2008 at age 31. Also similar to Williams' scenario, Barber recently claimed to be broke after going through a costly divorce. At age 36 with fresh legs, his upside is third-down back. The Giants still held his rights when he retired, so they'll have to decide whether to bring him back or release him once he's reinstated.
    Source: MAXX Talent on Twitter Mar 8, 2:21 PM

I thought he retired because he wanted to keep his body intact as he got older.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

He did....but then when he got caught banging an intern while his wife was 8 months pregnant, he couldn't keep his bank account intact...so hi-ho, hi-ho, it's back to work he goes.

Comment

Combined with the total flame-out of his TV career this isn't really that big a surprise, is it?
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
          Combined with the total flame-out of his TV career this isn't really that big a surprise, is it?
          How many other Running Backs have tried to come back, at age 35, after a four-year absence?

Comment

Wow, I once loved this guy and thought he was perpetually underrated. Now he just sounds like another scumbag that let his penis do his thinking. Sadly, now he is paying the price. Another sad fact is that with another productive year or two, he would have very likely landed in the HOF eventually.

As running backs usually flame out around age 32, I can't fathom anyone signing this guy. He should try to get into college coaching if he is truly serious about a return to the game. However, we all know it is about ollecting one last fat check in order to support his ex and the young pair of legs that are currently wrapped around his waist.

Comment

I did a piece a year or two on a local agent who had a lot of pro sports clients.

Biggest ones were Tiki - and ..... LT.

Has not been a great 12-18 months there..
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                I did a piece a year or two on a local agent who had a lot of pro sports clients.

Biggest ones were Tiki - and ..... LT.

Has not been a great 12-18 months there..
                i'm sure he already cashed his checks

Comment

I guess he is broke and needs another paycheck.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I could see Al Davis or Daniel Snyder giving him a shot. But there's a reason 36-year-old NFL running backs are almost unheard of.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

He's not going to get much of a payday, but if he's lost his NBC gig, he probably needs the money.

Comment

I could see his brother talking the Bucs into giving him a 1 year deal for low money.

Comment

Working...
                        X