The "If Your Life Depended On It" Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "If Your Life Depended On It" Draft

Simmons and Rose each drafted nine players for a team they would want playing for them if their life depended on it. The draft begins at 20:40, with Rose having the first pick in a snake-draft.

Download the entire podcast and listen to it while you're working out or doing the dishes. Highly entertaining with insights on the everything from the Melo and KG feud to the problems with the Lakers.

Team Rose:

1. LeBron (Starting)
    4. Kobe (Starting)
    5. Melo (Starting)
    8. Tyson Chandler (Starting)
    9. Z-Bo
    12. Deron Williams
    13. Pau Gasol
    16. Steph Curry (Starting)
    17. David Lee

Team Simmons:

2. Durant (Starting)
    3. CP3 (Starting)
    6. Westbrook (Starting)
    7. Dwight Howard (Starting)
    10. DWade
    11. Blake Griffin (Starting)
    14. Marc Gasol
    15. Dirk
    18. James Harden

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that there are two Warriors on here. Personally I think Jalen's team is naaaasty. I love it and I would have picked the same starters.

Bill Simmons has an emergency podcast with Jalen Rose and David Jacoby to talk about Carmelo and KG's dustup, the Celtics' season, and to draft their own All-NBA team.
    Last edited by JudeBaldo; 01-09-2013, 06:59 AM.

Poor Durant. He can't even get away from Westbrook in a fantasy draft situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Poor Durant. He can't even get away from Westbrook in a fantasy draft situation.
      I actually think they are a perfect fit for each other. Besides, Westy is one of the hardest working guys in the NBA. He maximizes his athleticism and has improved his game every year.

Comment

There is no question that you have more basketball knowledge than I do so you may be right, but it seems like every time I watch a Thunder game I see Westbrook with the ball a bit too much late in the game. If I have a talent like Durant, I want the ball in his hands.

Personally, I think they'd be better off with a "traditional" PG other than Westbrook. If they had someone like Deron Williams or Chris Paul running the point I think we'd be talking about them as the NBA Champs rather than "the next big thing.":

Comment

Personally, I think they'd be better off with a "traditional" PG other than Westbrook. If they had someone like Deron Williams or Chris Paul running the point I think we'd be talking about them as the NBA Champs rather than "the next big thing.":
          Well Simmons presumably has CP3 at the point and Westbrook at the 2, which is pretty nice. I tend to think both guys may have ignored team balance and defense in drafting their benches, except for the Marc Gasol pick.

Comment

Oh, yeah- Simmons team is fine. I was referring more the Thunder specifically.

Comment

There is no question that you have more basketball knowledge than I do so you may be right, but it seems like every time I watch a Thunder game I see Westbrook with the ball a bit too much late in the game. If I have a talent like Durant, I want the ball in his hands.

Totally agree. Though I think they coach Westy to be aggressive and to continue to shoot if he see an opportunity to do so. He just hasn't met a shot that he doesn't like.

P.S. I don't know that much basketball, I just wing it.

Comment

Working...
              X