Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andy Petitte saga continues.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Andy Petitte saga continues.................

A source tells Craig Calcaterra of NBCSports.com that there is a "very strong possibility" that Andy Pettitte is going to pitch in 2011.

Pettitte is currently doing his usual preseason workouts and has had no issues thus far. Furthermore, the source tells Calcaterra that Pettitte’s indecision about a possible return is in no way connected to the Roger Clemens trial, as many have speculated. This essentially echoes what Jon Heyman of SI.com reported earlier today
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Because now that Favre is officially done, America needs someone else to pick up his shenangigans.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I think Pettitte has planned on pitching in 2011 all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Because now that Favre is officially done, America needs someone else to pick up his shenangigans.
        Are you sure Favre is done?
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
          Are you sure Favre is done?
          Appearing in commercials, no. Appearing in the NFL, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Is Pettitte a keeper at $8 in an 18 team mixed 5x5, assuming he commits to coming back?
            I'd say yes, maybe. Depends on your other options. If he's healthy that should be a good deal for you, but there's some health risk here.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Definitely maybe?
              No question it might be a good idea if things go well.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Is Pettitte a keeper at $8 in an 18 team mixed 5x5, assuming he commits to coming back?
                Yes. Is there risk? Oh, yeah. But if he gives you 180-190 IP, you'll be way ahead, IMO.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Appearing in naked text messages, no. Appearing in the NFL, yes.
                  fixed
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's one that should cheer up all Yankee fans. From Rotoworld--

"According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Yankees are "still in contact" with free agent starter Kevin Millwood.
                    Heyman suspects that the Yankees are really beginning to worry that Andy Pettitte might retire. Millwood would be a major downgrade and would probably have to put on a show this spring to lock up the fifth spot in New York's rotation for 2011. The right-hander posted a hideous 4-16 record, 5.10 ERA and 1.51 WHIP over 31 starts last season in Baltimore. On the plus side, he shouldn't command much more than $1 million on a one-year contract."

Since it's Heyman, do I have to tell you who is the agent for Millwood?
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                      Here's one that should cheer up all Yankee fans. From Rotoworld--

"According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Yankees are "still in contact" with free agent starter Kevin Millwood.
                      Heyman suspects that the Yankees are really beginning to worry that Andy Pettitte might retire. Millwood would be a major downgrade and would probably have to put on a show this spring to lock up the fifth spot in New York's rotation for 2011. The right-hander posted a hideous 4-16 record, 5.10 ERA and 1.51 WHIP over 31 starts last season in Baltimore. On the plus side, he shouldn't command much more than $1 million on a one-year contract."

I'd rather have you pitch for the Yanks than Millwood.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                        Heyman gives whores a bad name.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It's tough now because he nailed the Soriano signing when that seemed ridiculous and everyone was saying all the typical Heyman stuff. That one scoop makes you second guess all your preconceived notions about Heyman. I completely agree he's a shill for Boras, but I think that does also result in Heyman having some inside info no one else does.

That being said, I'm far more stoked about the Colon and Garcia signings than I would be about Millwood, and that's saying something. He's a safe bet to eat innings while they search for better options, that's the grandest praise I have for Millwood. If it's a minor league deal, fine, bring all the candidates you want and then weed out until you have the best of the worst, but there is only so much time and only so many innings in ST.
                          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

I dont think anyone has used the words 'stoked' when speaking of Colon cancer and Garcia since the turn of the century....

'low cost', 'nothing to lose' yada yada .........get young arms up and let them gain experience instead of these old retreads. When the best possible compliment that one can say about you is that you eat innings, that means you suck.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                              It's tough now because he nailed the Soriano signing when that seemed ridiculous and everyone was saying all the typical Heyman stuff. That one scoop makes you second guess all your preconceived notions about Heyman. I completely agree he's a shill for Boras, but I think that does also result in Heyman having some inside info no one else does.
                              He was also the first to report that the Phillies were in on Lee, who is not a Boras client.

So he's at times lazy and doesn't have a very good baseball mind, but he does have legit inside info from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X