A request of good thoughts for Bats and the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A request of good thoughts for Bats and the family

Please keep Bats and the family in good thoughts if you would as we face the 5th really close death in the last 4 years. We've lost her father, the aunt that lived with her family as she was growing up, one of our best friends, one of our long-time fantasy baseball league owners (just last year in stretch run), and now it looks like her mother will not make it through March.

She is in the late stages of Alzheimer's. She has long since stopped recognizing anyone and has little quality of life left. She's been diagnosed with pneumonia. She has a living will that states no live-saving measures can be performed. Which means no antibiotics to treat the pneumonia. Adding to the breathing issue, it seems that over the last few weeks she has basically forgotten how to eat/swallow. Hospice has said she realistically has no more than 4 weeks or so left.

We broke the news to the kids last night. It was rough for them. They've been in too many funeral homes in the last few years. Three of the kids were just devestated, and Alek (our 2nd son) just put up a wall and just seemed angry and stubbornly silent, didn't need hugs or comforting. It was a hard night.

Anyway, any good thoughts would be greatly appreciated as the family deals with another loss.
    -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Ugh. Really sorry your family is going through all this. Best wishes to you, Bats and the kids.

Comment

I will be keeping your family in prayer NR. Hang in there.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

sorry to hear. you're all in my thoughts.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

That is rough. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Comment

Sorry to hear, NR...best thoughts for you, Sheila and kids, my friend...
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Wow, that's rough. You'll be in my thoughts, NR.

Comment

sorry buddy
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

sorry to hear. good luck with everything
                    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. Will keep the family in our thoughts.

Comment

You've got it, friend.
                        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

my thoughts are with you.
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Awfully sorry to hear that, NR.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'd just add that you will feel some relief at the end because of the circumstances, and there is nothing at all wrong with that. It must have been a difficult situation for a long time, and not good for anyone.

When my father died last fall (at 92!), colleagues were very nice, but seemed to think I would be devastated. Truth is, he lived on his own til the end, and had just finally started to have both mild dementia and physical issues (still didn't even need a cane, though). He wasn't afraid to die - he was afraid to live, in a difficult state.

If we can be so greatly relieved that he avoided all that, you sure as hell can be relieved at the passing of someone who was not nearly as fortunate. You'll feel much sadness, but also other emotions that might be a little confusing at first as well.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X