Bowlin', bowlin', bowlin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlin', bowlin', bowlin'

Shot a 644 last night. Hit the pocket on 34/35 shots, just couldn't carry. I left 4-pins, 9-pins and 10-pins. And of course the one shot i went high, i left the 6-7-10 split. I missed one 10-pin in addition to the split.

Tendonitis in the elbow was acting up last night as I had to throw pretty hard because the lanes were very dry.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Nice work for a bad elbow.

I have the same issue. Took 4 IB's this morning will do the same an hour and a half before game time.

Tonight is position night. We are in second playing the first place team. We need to go 5-2 to win the third and the entry into the Championship round at the end of the season. I have to bowl over 600 to help us win.

Comment

Feast or famine tonight. Started with 4 in a row and 6 of 7. Then missed a freaking 4 pin (Was one of 4 easy misses for the night) then crushed the pocket and left a 7-10. Next game threw the 1st five. Then a stone 9 pin and an 8-10. Then the shot was gone. Shot 196 after starting with 5 in a row. Did not throw another strike until the 3rd frame of the 3rd game. Finished with a 610 and the team won 3 of 4 from the 1st place team to put us 1.5 games out, though we gifted them the 2nd game (Our lead off bowler threw a strike to lead the 8th and that was the last strike we had in that game). Prior to that we had a star frame and 4 hangings in that game, so we were cruising and screeched to a halt).

On the plus side, I hit our break the bank work $989 and had to throw a 7 count. Had 6 bowlers lined up to form a tunnel, let the ball go and told them, "That's money". Missed the head pin and left 3 standing. Woo hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by davidgrey View Post
        Feast or famine tonight. Started with 4 in a row and 6 of 7. Then missed a freaking 4 pin (Was one of 4 easy misses for the night) then crushed the pocket and left a 7-10. Next game threw the 1st five. Then a stone 9 pin and an 8-10. Then the shot was gone. Shot 196 after starting with 5 in a row. Did not throw another strike until the 3rd frame of the 3rd game. Finished with a 610 and the team won 3 of 4 from the 1st place team to put us 1.5 games out, though we gifted them the 2nd game (Our lead off bowler threw a strike to lead the 8th and that was the last strike we had in that game). Prior to that we had a star frame and 4 hangings in that game, so we were cruising and screeched to a halt).

On the plus side, I hit our break the bank work $989 and had to throw a 7 count. Had 6 bowlers lined up to form a tunnel, let the ball go and told them, "That's money". Missed the head pin and left 3 standing. Woo hoo!
        Congrats on the 7 count!!

Well we won the 2 trimester. This puts us in the final 4 for the Championship at the end of the season.

I only shot 560, but we won. My second game was a 231 with one open. Yep two other games were very bad. I ended up the nigth with 11 opens! 4 splits, and 7 one pin spares! I yanked all of them. The good news is I was in the pocket all night. First ball ave. of 9.24.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Congrats on the 7 count!!

Well we won the 2 trimester. This puts us in the final 4 for the Championship at the end of the season.

I only shot 560, but we won. My second game was a 231 with one open. Yep two other games were very bad. I ended up the nigth with 11 opens! 4 splits, and 7 one pin spares! I yanked all of them. The good news is I was in the pocket all night. First ball ave. of 9.24.

Do you get the first ball ave. from the computer keeping score? Or do you keep track yourself.

And congrats on the cash David!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Do you get the first ball ave. from the computer keeping score? Or do you keep track yourself.

And congrats on the cash David!!
            Old house computer did it. This house our Captain and Stat fiend does it by hand. 19 strikes, 3 spares, 11 opens. On the splits I had a pocket 7/10 that had the other team groaning and smiling.

Comment

Another good night on Friday with a 627 for three 600s in a row and many were complaining about it being a tough shot (I was the only guy with a 600 on our pair and 5 guys had better averages). Started with 4 and 5 in a row the 1st two games.

Sunday bowled in a tourney. It was UGLY!!! I shot a 428. Even in the 3rd game your ball still came back with oil on it. It was almost like throwing with a spare ball and good luck carrying anything. I do not have a heavy oil ball and even guys that have balls for that struggled it seemed. Never seen so many washouts up and down the lanes. I actual made it to the finals of my bracket (I got lucky as the guys I bowled against who both had averages over 210 failed to beat me scratch). On the plus side, I made all 3 of my 7 pins and all 3 of my 10 pins as you could just throw straight at it. But shooting spares was an adventure if there was more than 1 pin up. That and 9 splits did not help, plus 2 washouts. Here is how bad it was, I had a 182 average and only 1 person had a lower average on our pair. I was only the 3rd lowest score. I think I might just go buy me a super aggressive ball to put in the bag just for the occasional shot like this.

Comment

Shot a low 600 last week. Just can't seem to get the carry as I'm hitting the pocket over 90% of the time.

Comment

Well I finally splurged and bought a new ball - Storm black/silver Tropical Heat. Man this ball has a serious motor in it. Shot a 623 with it my first night bowling with it and I tell you I really had to get used to trusting the ball when swinging it outside. Most of the year I have been playing pretty straight up and in, so sending it right and letting it run back took a bit of getting used to. Hopefully on Thursday this week I will get lined up right away and fire a big score. I have another run of 600's going over the last 5 nights of bowling and I am carrying a 206. Highest average I have ever carried.

As an aside my son and I are going to be bowling an adult/youth tournament and I have to bowl scratch in this one.... first time ever bowling scratch.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Tendonitis in elbow was bad last night. Almost not worth bowling. Shot around 590.

Comment

After throwing the 660 3 weeks ago, I have felt like a beginner bowler with a 539 and 525 before getting a 580 this past Friday. Timing has been off and I haven't been getting fingers into the shots. Friday I opened twice - a 4-7-10 in 1st frame of game 3 and a wonderful 7-10 in the 10th to finish with a 173 that game. The other 2 were 190 and 217.

Comment

Well tonight was interesting!

Started the first game with a 4-7-10 split..... then took it off the sheet 279!
                        Game two in the pocket the whole game and couldnt carry. Left a 7-10 split, slide 5 pin, rock 9, a 7 and 2 10 pins. - 178
                        Game three finished with a 221.

One of those nights where if you carry in the second game you throw a big 7 - rather than a big 6....

I will take it though - back on the 600 streak. Had a 600 on Monday night also.....
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Another low 600 this week...around 620 or so...this has turned out to be a "lost" year for me. I am definitely an "emotional" bowler meaning I don't always have my head in the game. Most seasons it takes me awhile to get into the bowling zone and this year when i was in that zone my eye surgery hit. Since I've been back I have had very little mojo for bowling.

My big issue this year has been a failure to string strikes. I'm hitting the pocket on a very high percentage of shots, just not getting the carry this year and it pisses me off so I don't end up bowling as well as I should.

Comment

Could have been a huge Friday night. Threw the first 5 in practice. Then picked up a 7 and a 10 pin on my next two balls.

Then the game started. 7 in a row to start, but then just put too much speed on the ball and came up light. Left a freaking 10 pin in the 9th, which I proceeded to miss. Wound up with 248. Then 2nd game started off with a 10 pin, which at least I made. Was stroking again and wound up with a 235. The 3rd game was one of those, everything that could go wrong did. Shot definitely was gone, but I still thought I had some good balls, but had a split in 3 of the first 5 frames. Struggled to a 161 for a 644, but should have been much better than that. Has been a few years since I've had a 700 so I was disappointed that I pretty much gave it away, but I threw a great ball most of the night and only missed the pocket 3 times (Once just did not get back to the head pin and 2 brooklyns, one which struck).

Comment

222-244-204 = 670

Great line last night...score should have been so much higher...hit the pocket on 34/36 shots....if i had some better luck it would have been a 750 series...

Started the night with a stone 8 pin then a pocket 7-10....kept my head and had a 222...second game i had 4 in a row going ito the 9th and left a solid 9-pin...struck out in the 10th so i could have had 8 in a row....

The third game was the best 204 i ever threw...started with three strikes..then 3 ringing 10-pins..made the first two..got pissed and missed the third one...strike...then another ringing 10 which i also missed..4-pin..and struck out in the 10th...so instead of say 10 or 11 strikes i end up with junk...

effin bowling....

Comment

Working...
                              X