Mike Browns gone after 1-4 start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Browns gone after 1-4 start

Very interesting the Lakers are making this move already.

Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Dammit!!! I was hoping to enjoy a few more Lakers losses.

Fan sentiment was turning quickly against Brown. He was already an unpopular hire to begin with. This Lakers skid buried him.

Comment

Kobe death stare

Comment

I guess if you know you're going to do it eventually, better to get it out of the way. The Knicks probably should have dumped D'Antoni earlier than they did last year.

Comment

such a bad coach...how do you not run pick and roll with Dwight and kobe/nash on every single play? That would, you know...work!

Comment

Any chance they'd be able to convince Phil Jackson to come back to coach this group?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Any chance they'd be able to convince Phil Jackson to come back to coach this group?
              Funny, I told (half-jokingly) my Laker loving family that the Lakers would start 0-10 and we would see Phil back. I wonder if Dr. Buss booked his fly fishing excursion to Montana.

Comment

Brown is not a bad coach, but he was a poor choice for the situation. He is the kind of guy you bring in to start over, with a bunch of rookies and journeyman free agents. Obviously he was not good at handling veteran stars or at adjusting his system to existing strengths.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

As I stated on Jude's facebook the other day...

Comment

Those poor deprived Lakers fans. I hope they can right the ship! If any fan base deserves a winner it's Lakers fans.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Brown is not a bad coach, but he was a poor choice for the situation. He is the kind of guy you bring in to start over, with a bunch of rookies and journeyman free agents. Obviously he was not good at handling veteran stars or at adjusting his system to existing strengths.

J
                      Very very true. Mike Brown is actually a smart basketball guy having come up through the Spurs organization. But he may be better suited for a front office role than the sidelines.

Comment

I think people forget just how poorly the Phil Jackson era ended. The Lakers are looking back when they should be looking forward. Yes, they have four great starters, but two of them are getting older and have a ton of wear on them and the team has zero depth. Oh yeah, and take a look at their draft pick situation over the next few years:

Complete information on future NBA draft pick obligations and credits on RealGM.com

This organization is a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          I think people forget just how poorly the Phil Jackson era ended. The Lakers are looking back when they should be looking forward. Yes, they have four great starters, but two of them are getting older and have a ton of wear on them and the team has zero depth. Oh yeah, and take a look at their draft pick situation over the next few years:

Complete information on future NBA draft pick obligations and credits on RealGM.com

This organization is a mess.
                          I think their luxury tax penalty next season will be $30 million.

But one thing they do have that I am envious in is that $3 billion/20 years TV contract.

Comment

Looks like Phil has had enough of the Circus, unless they gave him everything that he wanted, and more. I'm sure the Lakers are going to like playing for D'Antoni, I'm just not convinced that they're going to have a lot of success (relatively speaking) playing that style of ball.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Looks like Phil has had enough of the Circus, unless they gave him everything that he wanted, and more. I'm sure the Lakers are going to like playing for D'Antoni, I'm just not convinced that they're going to have a lot of success (relatively speaking) playing that style of ball.
                              But the fantasy value of every Laker probably just went up.

Comment

Working...
                              X