Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, Comic book geeks, who wins this battle royal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Comic book geeks, who wins this battle royal?

The contestants:
    Dr. Doom
    Dr. Hank Pym (Ant Man/Giant Man)
    Dr. Hank McCoy (Beast)
    Dr. Octopus
    Dr. Solar
    Dr. Light
    Dr. Fate
    Dr. Druid
    Dr. Occult
    Dr. Reed Richards
    Dr. Strange
    Late additions:
    Dr. Bruce Banner
    Dr. Don Blake
    Later addition:
    Dr. Manhattan
    Discuss.
    Last edited by ; 03-05-2011, 01:27 PM.

I like Dr Strange, Dr Fate, Dr Doom, and Dr Reed Richards in that order....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

after thinking about it for a sec, I realized that Dr Bruce Banner could take on that entire list at the same time....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        after thinking about it for a sec, I realized that Dr Bruce Banner could take on that entire list at the same time....
        That's why I left him out. (That and I forgot about him.....and Dr. Don Blake as well)

Comment

Banner in the form of Banner doesn't last 10 seconds, and ditto Don Blake. So if it's a battle of the Doctors, those two are at the bottom of the list.

You almost have to put the mystic guys in a separate category, otherwise Dr. Strange makes mincemeat out of this list. So I'd go with Reed Richards first and then Dr. Doom. (One of the rare villains to have his own book, at least for a while.)

Now, if you add Dr. Manhattan, he's the hands-down winner against all of them at the same time.
          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Doctor, Doctor give me the news,
            I got a bad case...

Doom and Strange stand out (Hulk is a non contestant).

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
              Banner in the form of Banner doesn't last 10 seconds, and ditto Don Blake. So if it's a battle of the Doctors, those two are at the bottom of the list.

You almost have to put the mystic guys in a separate category, otherwise Dr. Strange makes mincemeat out of this list. So I'd go with Reed Richards first and then Dr. Doom. (One of the rare villains to have his own book, at least for a while.)

Now, if you add Dr. Manhattan, he's the hands-down winner against all of them at the same time.
              Dr Strange might be able to deal with Dr Manhatten. Depends on the rules.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Dr Strange might be able to deal with Dr Manhatten. Depends on the rules.

J
                Rules? We don't need no stinking rules.

Comment

This guy beats all of them:

kool-aid-man-comic-book.jpg
                  Last edited by billbuckner; 03-05-2011, 06:47 PM.
                  I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                    This guy beats all of them:

The Red X?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                      The Red X?
                      No idea what you're talking about here
                      I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

You forgot to add Dr. Detroit.
                        拖裤子,
                        放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                          No idea what you're talking about here
                          I mean he's not a Dr.

Comment

if Dr. Doom can take on the Fantastic Four, then i think he'd give just Mr. Fantastic a good fight. if you look up his powers these days on wiki:

1) Doctor Doom is a polymath scientific genius
                            2) Doctor Doom possesses considerable mystical capabilities due to teachings from Tibetan monks, and tutoring from his lover Morgan Le Fey.
                            3) The alien Ovoids taught Doom the process of psionically transferring his consciousness into another
                            4) Doom can exert technopathic control over certain machines.
                            5) Doom's armor augments his natural physical strength to superhuman levels and is highly resistant to harm, at one point even surviving heat levels equal to that of the sun. Doom's armor has been shown to hold its own against Ironman's.
                            6) The character has also used his scientific talents to steal or replicate the power of other beings such as the Silver Surfer, or in one case the Beyonder.
                            7) In Fantastic Four 566-569 Doctor Doom received a significant power upgrade. He was thrown back in time (perhaps about 50 million years) by the Marquis of Death. Doom then fought through time and space to get back
                            8) Doom has a remarkably strong will, as demonstrated in the graphic novel, Emperor Doom when he dared his prisoner, the mind controlling Purple Man, to attempt to control him and he successfully resists.
                            9) As the absolute monarch of Latveria, Dr. Doom has diplomatic immunity.

im not really that big of a fan of Dr. Doom, but show me powers that can top this, i think.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              if Dr. Doom can take on the Fantastic Four, then i think he'd give just Mr. Fantastic a good fight. if you look up his powers these days on wiki:

1) Doctor Doom is a polymath scientific genius
                              2) Doctor Doom possesses considerable mystical capabilities due to teachings from Tibetan monks, and tutoring from his lover Morgan Le Fey.
                              3) The alien Ovoids taught Doom the process of psionically transferring his consciousness into another
                              4) Doom can exert technopathic control over certain machines.
                              5) Doom's armor augments his natural physical strength to superhuman levels and is highly resistant to harm, at one point even surviving heat levels equal to that of the sun. Doom's armor has been shown to hold its own against Ironman's.
                              6) The character has also used his scientific talents to steal or replicate the power of other beings such as the Silver Surfer, or in one case the Beyonder.
                              7) In Fantastic Four 566-569 Doctor Doom received a significant power upgrade. He was thrown back in time (perhaps about 50 million years) by the Marquis of Death. Doom then fought through time and space to get back
                              8) Doom has a remarkably strong will, as demonstrated in the graphic novel, Emperor Doom when he dared his prisoner, the mind controlling Purple Man, to attempt to control him and he successfully resists.
                              9) As the absolute monarch of Latveria, Dr. Doom has diplomatic immunity.

im not really that big of a fan of Dr. Doom, but show me powers that can top this, i think.
                              Dr Strange still has a shot, but the current "Smart Hulk/Dr Banner always in Hulk-form" is the only one that is a no-brainer....

Comment

Working...
                              X