CBS changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS changes

Here's a list of what they did: http://baseball.cbssports.com/splash...mgmt/whats-new

Not included on the list: added ugly blurry icons to every page. It looks like their graphic designer made the icons on a 640x480 desktop and then someone else blew them up to be a reasonable size at higher resolutions. Is that seriously the best they can do?
    18 team mixed 4x4 draft league. Champion in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

Blech
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Let me guess, once again no FAAB system improvements?

ETA: Anyone know where the Edit Wildcard Values moved to? It used to be on the lineup pages, but I don't see it there anymore. The Help section still reads like it would have last season.
      Last edited by TopChuckie; 01-26-2011, 01:03 PM.
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

I keep hearing how On Roto is all that and a bag of chips.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Typical CBSsportsline Bullcrap

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I fail to see why the changes are any big deal. CBS is still the best product out there by far. Our lovely commish sent a request to them about some changes and they responded in a prompt manner and got everything taken care of.
            Their lack of an adequate FAAB system, which apparently TQStats had figured out many years ago, makes for a about 99% of the work I have to do as Commish during the season. I agree they are the best out there, but there is no excuse for not improving their FAAB when I, and I know many others, have clamored for it repeatedly for years. Every year they claim they want our feedback, every year we give it to them with regard to FAAB, and every year nothing changes.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
              Their lack of an adequate FAAB system, which apparently TQStats had figured out many years ago, makes for a about 99% of the work I have to do as Commish during the season. I agree they are the best out there, but there is no excuse for not improving their FAAB when I, and I know many others, have clamored for it repeatedly for years. Every year they claim they want our feedback, every year we give it to them with regard to FAAB, and every year nothing changes.
              I guess CBS is satisfied with being just the best out there and not perfect.,...
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Has anyone used their auction features?

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                  Has anyone used their auction features?
                  I have done auctions and they went smoothly. One thing to consider is the nom and bid times. Adjust to your group accordingly.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't consider lack of FAAB awards as something that is minor. For us, it would be a deal killer. I can't imagine being a Commissioner who has to sort through that mess every week.
                    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                      Perhaps FAAB is not as big an issue as you've made it out to be? What makes their FAAB system so inadequate?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Perhaps FAAB is not as big an issue as you've made it out to be? What makes their FAAB system so inadequate?
                        they need to have an option to auto update a player's salary after he is FAAB'd.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          they need to have an option to auto update a player's salary after he is FAAB'd.
                          Yes, that would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            If I could access old threads I could pull up when it's been explained before in detail. It's been a while since I've tested it, but the problem had to do with hierarchy based on player being waved and hierarchy based on bid amount, and how those hierarchies would change based on successful bids.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                              Honestly, I wouldn't consider lack of FAAB awards as something that is minor. For us, it would be a deal killer. I can't imagine being a Commissioner who has to sort through that mess every week.
                              CBS has an FAAB system that works fine with the exception of there is no contingency bidding in the sesne of

player A $10
                              player B $4
                              player C $6

CBS would put your bids in the priority A C then B due to the bid amount...

Comment

Working...
                              X