How come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come

Ryan Mallett got a bunch of questions about his drug use but I didnt hear or read one person ask Cam Newton about his father's play for pay scheme? Was it asked and I just missed it?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Ryan Mallett got a bunch of questions about his drug use but I didnt hear or read one person ask Cam Newton about his father's play for pay scheme? Was it asked and I just missed it?
    Cam Newton's dad won't get him suspended from the NFL. OTOH, drug use....
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Cam Newton's dad won't get him suspended from the NFL. OTOH, drug use....
      sure but it certainly speaks of Newton's character. Besides, Mallet's past drug use wont get him suspended in the NFL either.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        sure but it certainly speaks of Newton's character. Besides, Mallet's past drug use wont get him suspended in the NFL either.
        Yeah, it does speak to Newton's character. But Mallet's drug use...way higher risk. If you're a GM, do you want to risk a pick on the kid who's possibly the next Ricky Williams? Or stupid enough to do some pot when he thinks he won't be tested?

IMO, between his press conference performances and past drug use, I'd be terrified that the next Ryan Leaf would be ending up on my team.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, it does speak to Newton's character. But Mallet's drug use...way higher risk. If you're a GM, do you want to risk a pick on the kid who's possibly the next Ricky Williams? Or stupid enough to do some pot when he thinks he won't be tested?

IMO, between his press conference performances and past drug use, I'd be terrified that the next Ryan Leaf would be ending up on my team.

Oh yea. I agree Mallett shouldve been interrogated if necessary as teams will be making a big investment. I just wonder why Newton wasnt asked or if he was, why it got no play.

Comment

I'm sure Newton was grilled ad nauseam during the private team interviews

Comment

True enough but in more ways than one, teams are concerned with Newton they're getting the next Vince Young.

Comment

Working...
              X