What Your Favourite Classic Rock Band Says About You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Your Favourite Classic Rock Band Says About You

I was reminded of this article by another thread. Pretty funny stuff.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/links/lists/24peck.html

Some favourites:

Fleetwood Mac: You have snorted cocaine off a copy of The Hobbit.

Rush: You carry a small flashlight everywhere, and use it at least three times a day.

The Doors: You have been bitten by an animal while trying to get it stoned.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

What the heck does the one for Rush even mean?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      What the heck does the one for Rush even mean?
      I think the author is suggesting the average Rush fan may be slightly on the nerdy side. I don't know where they could have gotten that idea.

Comment

Ummm, what about Queen fans?

There's no mention of us.....because we're so awesome?

So, we have no flaws (twitch)?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
          Ummm, what about Queen fans?

There's no mention of us.....because we're so awesome?

So, we have no flaws (twitch)?
          It is politcally incorrect to tie gayness to music...not that there is anything wrong with it.

Comment

Yes: Your ideal partner would be into both tantric sex and fat guys.

This one cracked me up. I wasn't impressed with mine. STYX would be my band of choice off that list, but a wrinkled Foreigner poster?!?! WTH? I HATE Foreigner. A friend and I were asked to come in and party with them on their tourbus after a Chi-town show back in '95 and we turned the invite down.

Deep Purple was my other choice. To my knowledge no law with a girl's name in it applies to me.
            -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Working...
            X