Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copier broke..receive credit for the time it is Out of Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copier broke..receive credit for the time it is Out of Order?

The copier at my library has out of order since last Friday. The repair tech tried a part that he thought was the fix, but it didn't work. So now i have to wait for him to try other parts to get it up and running. This is the only copier the library has for the public to use to photocopy and print from the computers.

It's a $20,000 two-year old copier that is under warranty so no repair bills will be forthcoming.

Would you ask the company for a credit on the next bill for each day the copier is out of action? I am.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    The copier at my library has out of order since last Friday. The repair tech tried a part that he thought was the fix, but it didn't work. So now i have to wait for him to try other parts to get it up and running. This is the only copier the library has for the public to use to photocopy and print from the computers.

It's a $20,000 two-year old copier that is under warranty so no repair bills will be forthcoming.

Would you ask the company for a credit on the next bill for each day the copier is out of action? I am.
    FIRST!

What are you NOT telling us?

Comment

Doesn't hurt to ask, but presumably this type of situation should be addressed in either your lease agreement or your service agreement. I'd check that prior to asking so you at least know whether you're standing on solid ground with the request.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        Doesn't hurt to ask, but presumably this type of situation should be addressed in either your lease agreement or your service agreement. I'd check that prior to asking so you at least know whether you're standing on solid ground with the request.
        I have to find the paperwork as the previous director bought the copier and she didn't leave behind a very good filing system.

Thanks.

Found the paperwork and it looks like i have no recourse for any credit, etc for the time the machine is not working.
        Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
          FIRST!

Wouldn't you like to know?????

Comment

Haven't a read this thread before ...

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
              FIRST!

He burned the thing out trying to wallpaper the library with starman.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

You are not the first person to think of this, nor will you be the last. You will not win this one.

No company could afford to pay for down time.

No matter how good a product is there will be times of failure. It is always painful when it does.

I am in Technical Sales (electric motors), when a motor goes down it can cost a company thousands of dollars per hour. One expample is Nabisco. If a $300.00 conveyor motor goes down, it costs them $10,000 per hour. We may have $60.00-$75.00 dollars in profit for that motor. We could not pay down time and survive. Our field failure rate is .024 % (one of the best in the industry) against 3.5 billion in sales. We have one of the best warranties in the market. No way are we paying for down time (that does not even mention the time and expense it would take to prove who is at fault).

Comment

Thanks Gregg. I understand what you are saying and really don't expect any compensation. It has just taken longer than i believe to get it fixed (as of right now it is still not fixed). My response will be to never do business with this company in the future.

Comment

I'm curious, to those who might know - might the answer be different if the equipment is leased as opposed to owned?
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      I'm curious, to those who might know - might the answer be different if the equipment is leased as opposed to owned?
                      If it's leased, it would depend on the lease agreement. If it's owned, it would depend on the warranty (if any) or the service agreement.

Comment

If it's leased, it would depend on the lease agreement. If it's owned, it would depend on the warranty (if any) or the service agreement.
                        understandable ... I guess I'm asking if equipment providers would include a clause such as this in a lease agreement.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          understandable ... I guess I'm asking if equipment providers would include a clause such as this in a lease agreement.
                          If I had to guess, I would assume they've got a clause in the lease agreement saying that they do not provide credits or refunds for time that the copier is out of order. If anything, they might promise that a service agent will be dispatched to the site within a specific time frame.

Comment

If I had to guess, I would assume they've got a clause in the lease agreement saying that they do not provide credits or refunds for time that the copier is out of order. If anything, they might promise that a service agent will be dispatched to the site within a specific time frame.

It is leased and yes there is wording in the lease agreement stating what B-Fly has said.

Two different techs have been here four times total trying different parts and none have fixed the problem. Techie two said he would be back in a hour to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Two different techs have been here four times total trying different parts and none have fixed the problem. Techie two said he would be back in a hour to try again.
                              Is this one of the techs?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X