It's a Boy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Boy!

Michael Jack Reaven entered the world at 6:53pm on Saturday, July 21st, weighing in at 7 lbs., 8 oz. Momma and baby are fine!

congrats!

Comment

Congratulations Ed! That's great!
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Congratulations Ed! That's great!
        Thanks Horns. With a name like Michael Jack, he better be a good third baseman!

Comment

Excellent news! Congratulations.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Congrats Ed!
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

grats now keep him away from my daughters
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Congratulations on the new young prospect!
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations Ed.

Is he named after a Phillies 3B or did you want the MJ initials?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Congrats Revo!!
                      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Congratulations Ed.

Is he named after a Phillies 3B or did you want the MJ initials?

J
                        Strangely, neither. I gave my wife 100 first names, and she insisted on Michael, which is a great name but is also the name of my best friend growing up, so I really was leaning towards others.

For his middle name, once Michael was settled on, I spent all day yesterday while she was in labor coming up with a name. I whittled it down to a dozen with about an hour to go, then finally three. The final two I had were Jack and Chance. When he arrived, I started to hedge -- so I asked the delivering doctor to look at the list. Her and my wife reviewed the final 12 again, and they came down to Jack & Troy, so we just settled on Jack.

Comment

If I may make a suggestion, plant a fruit tree. By the time he starts school, the tree will be bearing. Its a good reason to gather family and friends for a BarBQ.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            If I may make a suggestion.
                            If I may also, make sure when you start taking him to games that he understands that he can root for everyone wearing the uniform of your favorite team.

Congrats Ed

Comment

congrats! Is that two boys now?
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X