The Weather!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weather!

WTF is going on ... it hasn't stopped raining here for 3 months now. May and June a have set all-time records for rainfall, and July is next on the list. The North Atlantic jet stream is apparently a thousand miles further south than it should be, and that has created a permanent depression over northern Europe. There is a very strong link between the melting of the Arctic ice sheets and the Jet Stream.

All sorts of provisions being set in place for the olympics if this doesn't ease up ... and because it is caused by the Jet Stream (which doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast), it could go on all summer.

At the same time, you have a record breaking heat wave across the USA.

Crazy ... and really miserable. It's driving me nuts!

When I mention man-made climate changes to my students some always say that it is not true because their fox news watching parents say it is a political agenda.

I respond that science doesn't care whether you believe in it or not - it is still true

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      When I mention man-made climate changes to my students some always say that it is not true because their fox news watching parents say it is a political agenda.

I respond that science doesn't care whether you believe in it or not - it is still true
      whether it's man-made or not, there's no debate that the climate has indeed changed. good time to invest in London Fog perhaps.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

So that's why we haven't had any rain. You guys are hogging it all.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          WTF is going on ...

Crazy ... and really miserable. It's driving me nuts!
          To be honest...it really wasn't that far of a drive, was it, johnny?
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

We are getting stronger than normal afternoon thunderstorms here on a daily basis now

Comment

the center of the north american landmass is the 2nd greatest heatsink on the planet, just behind the Eurasian landmass, heat it up more, and global climate changes dramatically
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                To be honest...it really wasn't that far of a drive, was it, johnny?
                Guy walks into a bar with a steering wheel down his pants....
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                X