Borgnine gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borgnine gone.

He was 95. He won his Oscar 57 years ago, in a B&W movie.

Ernest Borgnine, who created a variety of memorable characters in both movies and television and won the best-actor Oscar for his role as a lovesick butcher in "Marty" in 1955, died Sunday. He was 95. Borgnine's longtime spokesman, Harry Flynn, told The Associated Press that Borgnine died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with [...]

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I never saw him in anything I didn't like.

One of my favs was his Vince Lombardi role in Legends In Granite a 1973 made for tv movie.

Comment

Didn't think Marty was all that great but he was solid in From Here to Eternity and I loved his small part in Baseketball.

Comment

No more Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Even today's kids knew of him even though they never saw his face.
        Last edited by Piney Boy; 07-09-2012, 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

The Wild Bunch, Airwolf and Escape fron New York are my favs of his....
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            The Wild Bunch, Airwolf and Escape fron New York are my favs of his....
            i once knew a guy that worked on cruise ships, and Borgnine basically got thrown off it for being crude and vulgar. the guy wasn't a pretty human being. how he lasted to 95 i'll never know.

Comment

Preacher!!!!!!!!!!! You killed my Linda. You killed my Linda. You killed her.

Comment

Working...
              X