Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you get divorced, don't piss off your ex

holy crap

Well no wonder she is mad. He started collecting after the baseball card industry went to hell in a handbasket and started over producing cards. Most of that stuff is basically worthless at this point.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

There are 4 auctions with the same description for different prices and she is using his ebay account to sell them. Something seems off.

Comment

yea, this is a card shop or warehouse liquidation, not some pissed off wife.....
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

either way its all a pile of crap. The baseball card industry killed themselves with over production and ridiculous prices.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            either way its all a pile of crap. The baseball card industry killed themselves with over production and ridiculous prices.
            Yep. Wasn't even fun looking at what they had to sell.

Comment

1986 - 1995 LOL El Garbage, as others stated above. I'm pretty sure the last true good rookie card to own is the 1980 Rickey and even still, it better be a 9 or 10 grade. To this day, I am still furious with the card companies for ruining the hobby.

Comment

I bought a block for $5.50. I don't have any packs of unopened cards so I'll take those and sit on them for funsies with my kids down the line.

Comment

I have a Ryne Sandberg Rookie at home and a comple 84 Donruss set.

Comment

I have a Ryne Sandberg Rookie at home and a comple 84 Donruss set.
                    So does this mean you have a few cards to go for the old 84 Donruss?

Comment

I meant to say a complete 84 Donruss set.

Comment

I meant to say a complete 84 Donruss set.
                        I know, but it was such a fat pitch I couldn't let it go.

Comment

I'd buy 100 packs for the asking price...but not 100 cards.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

The nostalgia's too good to pass up, I just bought 2 lots. Just seeing Dale Murphy's goofy smile on the front of the box for '88 Donruss was enough to get the fond memory juices flowing. I started collecting in 1986 when I was 6 so the 75,000+ cards my parents keep giving me crap about for having to store in their garage is virtually worthless, but it sure does have a place in my heart.

A few years back I bought a box of '91 Fleer Ultra for like $10 and it was pretty fun but I like the supposed variety of these ones they're selling.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              I started collecting in 1986 when I was 6
                              Well, now I feel old. I was 26 in 1986.

Comment

Working...
                              X