Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent viral video of middle schoolers verbally abusing elderly school bus monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent viral video of middle schoolers verbally abusing elderly school bus monitor

Wondering if the Pen has seen this video which has gone viral this week and your reactions to it. For me it was hard to watch. My grandmother who was my life lost her fight with congestive heart failure last year and my reaction was imaging that had that been done to her my reaction would have been swift and wholly inappropriate in a civilized society irregardless of the consequences.

If you were the parent to one of the "kids" how would you handle it?

Yeah ... don't want to see it again ... total scum.

Bit of a happy ending though:

Currently @ $573000

Karen Huff (The bus monitor) deserves a vacation! | Check out 'Lets Give Karen -The bus monitor- H Klein A Vacation!' on Indiegogo.

EDIT: Now $584000

... she just made $11,000 is 2 hours ... only 28 days of donations to go.
    Last edited by johnnya24; 06-22-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

My kids would never do this, but if for some reason they did--they wouldn't see the light of day for a long time.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Guns View Post
        If you were the parent to one of the "kids" how would you handle it?
        Deny it is their kid
        or have done very little to discourage this behavior before today
        or (most likely) be just as horrible as your kid
        Last edited by swampdragon; 06-22-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

If my son would do that, he would have 100 hours of community service to serve in a retirement home or a hospice or something of the sort. Until those 100 hours were served, he'd be confined to the house except for the normal school day and travel to and from school. Oh, and church on Sunday. He'd be damn miserable, but he learns from punishments that are tied to the negative behavior he exhibited.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Middle schoolers are *******s! I chaperoned one middle school field trip for my oldest son (to see the king tut exhibit) and i had to put my hands in my pockets to keep from slapping the living **** out out some of them. Never again!
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I would take the abuse for half a mil. I would even stage this kind of abuse to raise half a mil. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                I would take the abuse for half a mil. I would even stage this kind of abuse to raise half a mil. Just sayin.
                I'm sure it wasn't staged ... but you know for sure people are thinking about that right now.

Up to $600,000 ... she made another $16,000 overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  I'm sure some will try it now.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Apparently this woman was taunted with "if I were your kid, I'd kill myself" - without knowing that her son indeed killed himself 10 years ago.
                    Not sure you could pay someone enough money to hear that and make it 'worth it.'
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                    X