Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlete's toungue

Wow.

It’s rare to see a prospect damage their draft stock at a press conference but Ryan Mallett of Arkansas may have done just that today. In what should have come as no surprise, Mallett was repeatedly asked about the widespread drug rumors that have been swirling around him for more than a year. Mallett steadfastly refused to talk about the subject and said NFL teams knew what they needed to and that he’d discuss it with them. All Mallett had to do was deny the rumors were true and it would’ve been over but he didn’t despite multiple opportunities. Frustrated by the line of questioning, Mallett reportedly ended the presser rather abruptly and left the podium. In his first real taste of intense national media scrutiny, Mallett certainly did not respond well. It’s a good thing he’s not interviewing for a high-profile job like NFL quarterback! Mallett had to have been prepared by his people to expect those types of inquiries so the way he handled the situation is extremely troublesome.

To say he cost himself $Milliions is an understatement. He has 1st round talent, but he is now a 3rd day flyer at best. To give you an idea how bad this was, Ryan Bartholomew, who a month ago was considered a likely UDFA, will probably go first.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

It could have just been envy, but I have been told by a fellow student of his that Mallett was a jerk and not a particularly smart one. What you have described sure doesn't sound very smart.

Comment

Newton isnt doing himself any favors either.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Newton is Vince Young all over again.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I was watching the NFL Network and they mentioned that Mallet was very poor in handling the media however they also stated that he was very candid in his interviews with NFL personnel and come off pretty favorably with them. If true that's great but if you cannot handle the media who is asking questions that you know are coming it leads me to believe that you are not mentally very tough. But he he could be great entertainment too. I still love the Ryan Leaf locker room blow up maybe we just need a fresher version.
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            He has 1st round talent, but he is now a 3rd day flyer at best.
            Not in a league where Al Davis and Mike Brown make draft picks.

If he fails a drug test, I'll agree with you. Barring that, maybe he drops a round, but not any more than that.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Not in a league where Al Davis and Mike Brown make draft picks.

If he fails a drug test, I'll agree with you. Barring that, maybe he drops a round, but not any more than that.
              OK. Third round, if not third day.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
              X