Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Rome/David Stern argument

WOW:

The Jim Rome Show turned awkward today as NBA commissioner David Stern lashed out at the show's host for asking whether the league's draft lottery was fixed, asking at one point, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

I don't like finding myself in situations where I agree with Jim Rome.

THANKS A LOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      I don't like finding myself in situations where I agree with Jim Rome.

THANKS A LOT!
      The things that lead us down a path of self-reflection are often the most surprising.

Comment

I think maybe the question was posed too bluntly. If I'm asking the question, I'd start with: "As I'm sure you're aware, there have always been folks out there who suspect or believe that the NBA draft lottery is fixed. The fact that this year's lottery was won by the NO Hornets, a team owned by the NBA, has added fuel to that type of speculation. What can you tell the folks out there who may harbor such suspicions to reassure them about the integrity of the lottery process?"

That then gives Stern an opening to tout the specific oversight and controls around the process designed to ensure its integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          I think maybe the question was posed too bluntly. If I'm asking the question, I'd start with: "As I'm sure you're aware, there have always been folks out there who suspect or believe that the NBA draft lottery is fixed. The fact that this year's lottery was won by the NO Hornets, a team owned by the NBA, has added fuel to that type of speculation. What can you tell the folks out there who may harbor such suspicions to reassure them about the integrity of the lottery process?"

That then gives Stern an opening to tout the specific oversight and controls around the process designed to ensure its integrity.
          This is Jim Rome we're talking about here. He's built a career on "smack" and "racking." lol.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post

Sorry but Stern needed to be the adult in the room. As it went down, Stern should step aside. Stern's already established that he
            s somewhat a dick, this just cements that moniker. PLUS, it's Rome's job to ask the question and going in, Stern should expect it asked exactly the way it was asked. Or not do the interview.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

just re-listened to it again-- Stern is a dick, totally off base.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I wouldn't listen to that recording if someone paid me, so I'll just go along with what Doig said.

Comment

Stern is such a dick that he went ahead and answered the question for Stephen A. Smith...of course, Stephen A. asked it a lot differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Stern is such a dick that he went ahead and answered the question for Stephen A. Smith...of course, Stephen A. asked it a lot differently.
                    well Steven is important.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X