Man plays Civ 2 for 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man plays Civ 2 for 10 years

Guy has been playing the same game for 10 years...

Think you spend too much time playing the same video game?

Try playing it for a decade.

In an impressive display of dedication, Reddit user 'Lycerius' claims he has been playing a single game of Sid Meier's classic world-ruling strategy game Civilization II for nearly 10 years now. But sadly, the future world he's dealing with is "a hellish nightmare of suffering and devastation."

The year is 3991 A.D. Multiple nuclear wars have decimated the planet, melting ice caps and leaving the world useless for farming. The only land left for the three remaining superpowers to lord over are mountain tops.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Never having played anything like this, what happens if the power goes out?

Comment

This is a game that has been played for a little bit at a time. Saved to the disk and then picked up again a few months later.

Having said that and having played a lot of Civ II in my life the only way this situation appears is if you deliberately guide the game into this scenario. And I can't believe what passes for news since this story has been picked up by actual news organizations including TV in Mexico:

Comment

One of the great games of all time and a great AI. But he either consciously stuck with the stalemate or was wearing blinders. I guess a game could go on for a really long time if one was brutally outgunned but had enough water to prevent a quick take.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

civ 2 - its greatness was its simplicity. has anyone successfully run it on windows 7? gotta be a patch out there somewhere.
            ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

That's almost as bad as cricket.

Comment

Working...
              X