Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy the game

came up in the Curt Schilling thread

www.webdiplomacy.net is the actual site, would love to set up a game for July
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    came up in the Curt Schilling thread

www.webdiplomacy.net is the actual site, would love to set up a game for July
    I thought you were in Europe.

Comment

Oh, now that would tempt me, as much as I should not get sucked in.

Btw, Steve, when did you become capitalized?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Btw, Steve, when did you become capitalized?
        I gained the capital letter when we moved from the old place.

Comment

I'm in - never played it online before though!

Comment

Never played it ... but it definitely seems like something I'd like. Count me in.

Comment

There's an app on Droid, at least, that lets you play Diplomacy. I played for about 2 months, but just didn't enjoy playing it that way. Live is much more fun...you see people talking to each other...and that makes the game more dramatic.

I will play though.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Same here. If you need me for 7 players, pop me a PM, and I'll likely dive in.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Never played but sounds like fun.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Never played but sounds like fun.
                    If you have never played, I suggest playing a couple games to get used to movements and rules. Reading the rules alone won't help you understand the game fully.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Feel free to get a game going before i get back july 3rd
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        Feel free to get a game going before i get back july 3rd
                        Work, HoE, Euro 2012 ... July is fine by me

Comment

I wouldn't mind playing a game of Risk either. I'm in.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

so, I think I could use some help from the junkies here.

I've been brought in as a silent partner - my better half has been pulled into a game of Diplomacy that is about to start with some of her co-workers. She (and I) have never played. It will be a long running game - week long negotiations, with the moves happening on each Friday. She'll be the front of the negotiations, with me trying to advise her on long-term strategies. To that end I'm trying to do some research.

I've done some googling & have a sense of what we're getting into. I found a good site with some strategic advice at the forums at BoardGameGeek.com that should help, but if there's anyone here that has experience, I'd appreciate any advice you can pass on. No, the country assignments haven't happened yet.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

wow, I don't even remember starting this thread, absolutely willing to help, let me know once countries have been picked.

Here's a good collection of strategy articles

Comment

Working...
                              X