Don Larsen's World Series perfect game uniform to be auctioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Larsen's World Series perfect game uniform to be auctioned

It will be an online auction from October 8 (56th anniversary) until December 2. The auction is 56 days to commemorate the year of the game (and drive up the price). Larsen is selling it to pay for his grandchildren's college educations.

Larsen auctioned the cap, glove, shoes and last-out baseball from his perfect game in 2002. They were all bronzed and sold for $120,750.

Yogi Berra's uniform from the same game sold at auction for $565,000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/27/sp...fect-game.html
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    It will be an online auction from October 8 (56th anniversary) until December 2. The auction is 56 days to commemorate the year of the game (and drive up the price). Larsen is selling it to pay for his grandchildren's college educations.

Larsen auctioned the cap, glove, shoes and last-out baseball from his perfect game in 2002. They were all bronzed and sold for $120,750.

Yogi Berra's uniform from the same game sold at auction for $565,000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/27/sp...fect-game.html

Met him when I was living in Coeur d'Alene.

really nice guy.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have an autographed picture of him throwing the last pitch with the scoreboard in the background.

I would guess he signed a lot of them, but I really like it. A special moment in baseball history.

Comment

Working...
      X