No announcement yet.

News of the Day Here in South Arkansas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News of the Day Here in South Arkansas.

Perusing the day's news here in paradise.

Two murder suspects still at large after escape from Lafayette County, and believed to be here in Columbia County

Mom of two murder suspects arrested after police determined she smuggled a hacksaw into the jail. (Bad episode of The Andy Griffith Show?)

Local police still seek different suspect in slaying of 74-year old woman earlier this week.

500 pound feral hog terrorizes residents of a local subdivision.

Apparently, it was an exciting day. Police, hog wranglers and a gang of pit bulls were chasing the feral hog and (and a companion hog, presumably a female) up and down the streets. At one point, Police officers and Sheriff's deputies lined Dudney Street with assault rifles. Half the town thought they were after the escaped murder suspects, the other half thought they were after the suspect in the recent killing.

The male hog was captured and transported to a game farm. The female hog is still at large.

And you guys wonder why we all keep guns in our houses down here.

4fc7883d0a12b.preview-300.jpg

I think the guy catching the hog would probably go at least 400.

(Updating that last story, and clearing up some earlier confusion, there were a female companion hog and a piglet, both of which remain at large, according to Magnolia Animal Control.)
    Last edited by ; 05-31-2012, 09:04 PM. Reason: Update

yawn, wake me when a police suspect stabs himself and throws his intestines at the pursuers:

they film all those reality shows in Jersey for a reason, ya know.

with all props to that Miami Zombie case...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      yawn, wake me when a police suspect stabs himself and throws his intestines at the pursuers:

they film all those reality shows in Jersey for a reason, ya know.

with all props to that Miami Zombie case...
      Yeah, I know, but Hackensack is full of guys on PCP. The stars in my small town melodrama were the police and the mom of the escapees...you gotta see the value in that.

I'm guessing someone will be slinging hog intestines by tomorrow.

Comment

Okay, two escapees captured. No body parts flung, but two family members arrested for providing hacksaw blades, etc., to facilitate the escape.

Comment

I lived in Hackensack for 10 years and worked there for 26, yet all my vital organs remain intact.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I was born in Hackensack and lived there until I was 5. I would describe my PCP intake and intestine throwing level as moderate.

Comment

I'll bet the sow is spinning on a rotisserie somewhere in the suburbs of Magnolia.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                Okay, two escapees captured. No body parts flung, ...
                up here in Canada we mail them to our elected officials ...

Police find second body part after Tories receive bloody foot
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  up here in Canada we mail them to our elected officials ...

Police find second body part after Tories receive bloody foot
                  When they aren't washing up on Vancouver beaches. You guys have some interesting crime up there... senior Air Force officers as serial killers, floating feet, mailed body parts... I blame poutine based cholesterol poisoning
                  "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

I love Canada. I took a two-week trip up there, kept a cold beer in my hands about 18 hours a day. If I didn't have a cold beer in my hand, some nearby Canadian would offer me one.

The scenery was beautiful, the people were friendly and intelligent. In fact, everyone from Canada with whom I have ever had any contact was extremely courteous.

I wonder if they need any lawyers up there.

Comment

Have been to Montreal, Toronto, and especially Vancouver.

Can't recommend it enough, "weird-colored money" aside

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I love Canada. I took a two-week trip up there, kept a cold beer in my hands about 18 hours a day. If I didn't have a cold beer in my hand, some nearby Canadian would offer me one.

The scenery was beautiful, the people were friendly and intelligent. In fact, everyone from Canada with whom I have ever had any contact was extremely courteous.

I wonder if they need any lawyers up there.
                        we're not a particularly litigious people, but we're working on it.

btw, need a beer?
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          we're not a particularly litigious people, but we're working on it.

btw, need a beer?
                          Yeah, I would love one. It's pretty early on a Sunday morning, but I've had a rough couple of weeks. What do you have in the cooler today?

Comment

Yeah, I would love one. It's pretty early on a Sunday morning, but I've had a rough couple of weeks. What do you have in the cooler today?
                            a few local microbrews ... my current fav is a dark beer called 10W30 ...

Comment

Working...
                            X