Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius/XM customers - on the fantasy channel tonight at 9:30 ET

talking top ten fantasy OFers with Jeff Rickard

BTW, now that the affiliation with Fanball is over, I can freely say this: their fantasy radio show was damn near unlistenable. The hosts were too interested in being "stars" to worry about any cohesion in the show, not to mention a fair lack of knowledge, IMO.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      BTW, now that the affiliation with Fanball is over, I can freely say this: their fantasy radio show was damn near unlistenable. The hosts were too interested in being "stars" to worry about any cohesion in the show, not to mention a fair lack of knowledge, IMO.
      Sorry you feel that way. Even though they're my friends I found the show to be better than most on the channel. It can get a little loose at times, but Ray is definitely full of knowledge (check out baseballguys.com and @baseballguys) and I think Kyle has a future in radio. Kay coming in and out depending on her busy schedule is really the only fault I find with the show as it is difficult for them to develop cohesion.

The show was immediately picked up by the network so it will continue even though the trio's employ at Fanball ends in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Sorry you feel that way. Even though they're my friends I found the show to be better than most on the channel. It can get a little loose at times, but Ray is definitely full of knowledge (check out baseballguys.com and @baseballguys) and I think Kyle has a future in radio. Kay coming in and out depending on her busy schedule is really the only fault I find with the show as it is difficult for them to develop cohesion.

The show was immediately picked up by the network so it will continue even though the trio's employ at Fanball ends in the coming weeks.
        Different strokes, etc...I just found them and their constant "morning zoo" persona's very distracting. They always seemed more interested in getting a reaction out of one of their co-hosts than dealing with actual sports issues.

OTOH, I love the Rotowire guys, while they can be wacky, they're always close to the topic. And they (especially Erickson) all back up their opinions with facts.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Different strokes, etc...I just found them and their constant "morning zoo" persona's very distracting. They always seemed more interested in getting a reaction out of one of their co-hosts than dealing with actual sports issues.

OTOH, I love the Rotowire guys, while they can be wacky, they're always close to the topic. And they (especially Erickson) all back up their opinions with facts.
          Just wondering...what do you think of the RotoExperts crew in the morning?

Thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
            Just wondering...what do you think of the RotoExperts crew in the morning?

Thanks....
            A little too "zany" for my tastes, but I realize that I'm probably in the minority when it come to getting information. That said, I think that the show really moves along, and the hosts are pretty knowledgeable. I got more than a few tidbits during the season from that show.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Sweet - tune in next Tuesday as I'll be on as they officially announce me joining their team

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Sweet - tune in next Tuesday as I'll be on as they officially announce me joining their team
                Fantastic! Congratulations to you, and to the Rotowire guys. That's going to be must listen radio for me...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

what XM channel?

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
                    what XM channel?
                    The fantasy channel is 147...