NBA Trade Deadline deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Trade Deadline deals

1. The Portland Trailblazers acquired Gerald Wallace from the Bobcats in a last minute trade sending Joel Przybilla, Dante Cunningham and two first round draft to Charlotte.
    2. The Boston Celtics acquired forward Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic in a deal with the Thunder for Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson.
    3. The Cavs traded Mo Williams and Jamario Moon to the Clippers for Baron Davis and a first-rounder.
    4. Rockets trade Aaron Brooks to Phoenix for Goran Dragic and a first rounder
    5. The Atlanta Hawks traded Mo Evans, Mike Bibby and Jordan Crawford to Washington for Kirk Hinrich.
    6. The Charlotte Bobcats traded big man Nazr Mohammed to Oklahoma City for D.J. White and Mo Peterson.
    7. Memphis may have traded OJ Mayo to Indiana for Josh McRoberts and a first rounder. -- rotoworld says the papers were filed after the deadline so it is nullified.

Interesting so far....I am personally amazed that anyone was able to trade Baron Davis' contract. The Clips had to give away a first-round pick just to make it happen.

Very interesting change of heart in Portland, where it was rumored they were going to dismantle the team outside of Matthews and Aldridge; but instead, they acquire Wallace to play the SF, Brandon Roy becomes a serviceable sixth man, and Andre Miller remains. Just amazing.

Perkins might give OKC exactly what they were missing -- a big mean dude that is NOT from Europe in the middle.

Also, rumor is that Boston will sign Troy Murphy once Golden State buys out his contract.

Everyone in Boston is acting like trading Perkins is equivalent to shooting Larry Bird. I'm not sure I see it.

OKC gets the big man they needed but how do they replace Green?

Why is Cleveland taking on a contract like that? Trying to get someone to sell to the fans I guess?

Comment

Green has been terribly disappointing this season. I like that trade a lot for OKC. Perkins is exactly what they needed to be a real title threat. I think Boston will miss Perkins in the playoffs, particularly against Chicago or Orlando.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        Green has been terribly disappointing this season. I like that trade a lot for OKC. Perkins is exactly what they needed to be a real title threat. I think Boston will miss Perkins in the playoffs, particularly against Chicago or Orlando.
        I agree...if I had a bet I would say that this is the moment that all of us will forget about Jeff Green's NBA career. If Boston gets Troy Murphy, I think that would take up a bit of the slack, but I think they are banking on Shaq for the playoffs anyway.

As for Baron Davis....he is a backup to Sessions anyway, but I think he might get bought out.
        Last edited by Pauly; 02-24-2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I dunno, the celtics fix people, might turn around green.

So the cavs are just buying a first rounder with mo and cash?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            So the cavs are just buying a first rounder with mo and cash?
            Bingo...and it might be a very good first rounder considering it's the Clippers own pick for next year. I read some twitter post that said that the Clips were so down on the talent coming in next season that they decided to give away a likely lottery pick just to dump Baron Davis' contract....and they get a decent PG out of it anyway.

Comment

I hope Mo likes throwing alley-oops like Baron did!!!

Comment

Working...
              X