TV Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Help

I got a 61 inch Samsung DLP about 4 years ago with help from this board...thanks Stephen...love it. A buddy of mine who is getting ready to do a bathroom remodel and some other things asked if I would be willing to work a deal with him that involved my tv as a chunk of the payment. I said sure...I'm always interested in updating my electronics. LED or Plasma?. I want at least a 55 inch screen..movies, sports and video games will be played on a fairly regular basis. I went looking today. Plasma looks better but definitely darker on most sets to me. I have never owned an lcd or led/lcd and I was told today they have burn in just like plasma if you are not careful. I'd be very interested in hearing about what type TV's you guys have and your experience with them. I'd like to stick in the 1500 dollar range. I wasn't expecting to be looking for a new TV for 2-3 years and now I need to get one ASAP. One other thing...3D or not..I don't see it being that valuable in the near future and by then will probably be looking for a new set anyways

If you are looking to take being a "couch potato" to the next level, and want to free yourself from the effort of using a remote, try this for size:

Edit: I find the smart TV thing a bit redundant ... just get a good TV and an iPad. A certain amount of smart tech will be useful ... for downloading content from the web etc ... in the medium-long term, this should help provide more competition for cable and satellite providers, thus reducing the cost of your cable bill (hopefully). But stuff like web browsing, motion technology etc are just sales gimmick most will never use past the first week ... like Siri.
    Last edited by johnnya24; 05-06-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X