Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves

if you want to abbreviate the year when speaking, don't call it "0'12." If you want to say it that way, it's just called '12. There's no three digit abbreviations for years, sorry. 0'12 makes you sound ridiculous. 2007 wasn't called "0'07."

Also, try not to drag out the year as long as possible. It's not Two Thousand AND Twelve, yawn. Call it "Twenty Twelve" and save yourself two syllables. A majority will be using "Twenty" soon enough, time to get on board.

People leaving things sitting around the bathroom sink taps ... toothpaste, make up, bottles and canisters of various sorts. I'm not a good morning person ... I typically zombie my way into the bathroom, turn the tap, sh!t goes flying into the sink and onto the floor. Grrrrr

Comment

People walking on the streets when there's a sidewalk there. Makes the street a lot narrower for cars coming through

Comment

people who don't tip
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Bully's. I don't like em.

Comment

Dead Pools

Comment

Libaries that charge there patrons for copy's.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

People that break baseball down into so many freaking statistics fxIP, FIP, SH!T, BABIP.....
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

"The Wave" at baseball games
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Drivers who, after they signal for a lane change, drift over to the next lane so slowly it's as if they're piloting a 747.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Drivers who, after they signal for a lane change, drift over to the next lane so slowly it's as if they're piloting a 747.
                      At least they used their signal. Most people don't anymore. Too busy I guess.

Comment

People that don't bus their own tables at fast-food joints.

Comment

People who, when they approach a red light, go into the right turn lane, turn and immediately do a U-Turn, turn right back onto the roadway, and continue down the road.
                          People who think the yield sign they come up to means that everyone else will yield to them.
                          People who signal they are turning AS they are turning. It's almost as if they think they have to tell the car to turn at that exact moment. Really, at that point it's too late for me to react accordingly.
                          People who will zip into the left lane, zoom past me, immediately turn back into my lane, then turn right...all in a matter of about 6 seconds. That 2 seconds you saved...I hope it was valuable.

I really have about 20 pet peeves when it comes to stupid driving...but it's too late to list them all.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

people who tip too much and then everybody expects the rest of us to match it. :O

but, more seriously, people on their phones when driving. either talking or texting. sheesh. like you can't wait the few minutes it's going to take you to get where you're going to take the call or make the text (or even the hour or so)? /facepalm
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              People who, when they approach a red light, go into the right turn lane, turn and immediately do a U-Turn, turn right back onto the roadway, and continue down the road.
                              People who think the yield sign they come up to means that everyone else will yield to them.
                              People who signal they are turning AS they are turning. It's almost as if they think they have to tell the car to turn at that exact moment. Really, at that point it's too late for me to react accordingly.
                              People who will zip into the left lane, zoom past me, immediately turn back into my lane, then turn right...all in a matter of about 6 seconds. That 2 seconds you saved...I hope it was valuable.

I really have about 20 pet peeves when it comes to stupid driving...but it's too late to list them all.
                              Your location says you're located in Bel Air so I'm sure you are familiar with the terrible drivers in Westwood. They are God awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X