Team "colors" - black and white.

Discuss.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Yawn.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I can't stand what professional basketball has become. (And college basketball for that matter.)
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Black and white. Very bland just like the team.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

very boring logo - that's not going to help with the marketing of this team, I'd think.

Comment

Awful. Just awful.
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Wow, that is terrible.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The only thing worse than their new logo is their current roster minus Deron. LoL

BTW 1% stake owner Jay Z designed it. lawl

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                The only thing worse than their new logo is their current roster minus Deron. LoL

BTW 1% stake owner Jay Z designed it. lawl
                They aren't selling to you old fogies.

By the way Roca Wear was quite successful under Jay-Z.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  They aren't selling to you old fogies.

By the way Roca Wear was quite successful under Jay-Z.
                  Jay-z? Isn't he one of those hip-rap dudes the kids listen to.

The logo is decent - kind of old school - but not that well done graphically.

It remains to be seen who the fan base becomes. It use to be wealthy white new jersey business people (they won't go to Brooklyn)

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    Jay-z? Isn't he one of those hip-rap dudes the kids listen to.

The logo is decent - kind of old school - but not that well done graphically.

It remains to be seen who the fan base becomes. It use to be wealthy white new jersey business people (they won't go to Brooklyn)
                    That's really my only problem with it.

Comment

I'm looking forward to having them two subway stops away. I think there's a good chance they still add Dwight Howard and retain D-Will.

Comment

Surprised no one has commented about the Lakers' collapse. I'm enjoying it.

Sadly, the only team left that I don't root against is OKC.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Does anyone think the Nets might be able to pull off a sign-and-trade with the Thunder centered around Williams for Westbrook? I assume Williams would love the idea of joining OKC, despite the smaller market. For the Thunder, it arguably makes the Thunder a near-perfect championship team, adding one of the NBA's best floor generals to feed Durant and Harden and help develop the offensive games of Ibaka and Perkins, without giving up too much scoring ability in the process. For the Nets, it beats having D-Will leave as a free agent, and unlike OKC, they need Westbrook to be a do-everything combo guard because they don't have the surrounding talent that OKC has. From a marketing standpoint, Westbrook is one of the most electric players in the NBA, and they could also try to sign Jeremy Lin and become the WestbrookLin Nets. The question would be whether there's a way to make the money work.

Comment

With Westbrook's new contract I think the money would be pretty easy to work a Westbrook/Williams deal. I think he is a max guy or close to it. Williams publicly said all the right things when he played with Utah, not saying he wanted big market or wanted to go anywhere else. So he may be willing to go to OKC. I think the deal would be good for OKC but not sure if they see it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              Does anyone think the Nets might be able to pull off a sign-and-trade with the Thunder centered around Williams for Westbrook? I assume Williams would love the idea of joining OKC, despite the smaller market. For the Thunder, it arguably makes the Thunder a near-perfect championship team, adding one of the NBA's best floor generals to feed Durant and Harden and help develop the offensive games of Ibaka and Perkins, without giving up too much scoring ability in the process. For the Nets, it beats having D-Will leave as a free agent, and unlike OKC, they need Westbrook to be a do-everything combo guard because they don't have the surrounding talent that OKC has. From a marketing standpoint, Westbrook is one of the most electric players in the NBA, and they could also try to sign Jeremy Lin and become the WestbrookLin Nets. The question would be whether there's a way to make the money work.
                              Isn't West Brooklyn really more Red Hook or Brooklyn Heights? I feel like the new stadium is a little more central brooklyn...Is there any up and coming prospect named Centralbrook?

Comment

Working...
                              X